News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The end of personal car ownership

Started by RallyeMike, March 03, 2019, 11:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Yeah....Sounds like a GREAT place to live!   :smilielol:

alfaitalia

Well..London is one of the great cities of the world..no doubt about that....and it's no fun to drive in a big city anyway....you only have to look at the condition of most of the cars to see what they go through! Great place to visit though. Personally I would not want to live in any big city..whether it was cheap and easy to drive there or not! I'll keep my little place on the beach in the South thanks!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Mike DC

Living in a pedestrian-friendly city is great if you can afford one of the decent places.    

Cars are fun in rural areas, not in city traffic.  Taking public transport (in an older city that is compact enough to make it work) is no more time-consuming than using cars.  It's not all dangerous & trashy when everyone is doing it.  PT gets a dangerous trashy rap in the USA when only poor people do it.    

You don't have to carry big heavy stuff home from the store all the time.  You will walk near grocery stores & pharmacies every day so you don't need to buy big enough packages of things to last for a month.  People buy (and the stores actually carry) smaller portions of everything.  You live in a small apartment so you don't deal in big stuff that much in general. Furniture, etc.    

And having to walk a few blocks (I didn't say miles) to get around . . . it really helps keep everyone slimmer & healthier.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 08, 2019, 12:40:32 PM
Yes....here in London (the UK one!) many people dont bother with cars. Public transport is frequent and reliable.....unlike most other places in the UK where its not so reliable or may not exist at all......and fuel is very expensive here...made much worse when driving in central London traffic with and average speed now of less than in Victorian times when there were only horses! ....parking in central London is stupidly expensive ($50 a day plus is not uncommon)....there is next to no on street parking for non residents ....and now to go along with the congestion charge (which we have had for many years) there will be a low emissions zone (mainly central London which penalises the heavy polluters even more)! On the few times I have to go to the "Big Smoke"....i usually go by train....works out cheaper and faster overall. Several other big UK cities are looking like they are going to follow suit.....glad I live in the country!

Londoners have that, congestion tax & now this.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/article228962204.html

odcics2

It's all fun and games until YOU come down with lung cancer...   :'(

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?