News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

They post, then they still have 0 post count?

Started by Alaskan_TA, October 09, 2015, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaskan_TA

Just curious, but how is this possible?

hemigeno

I'm guessing they posted in the classifieds section?

Troy set things up so that those posts aren't included in the post count tally.

Alaskan_TA

hemigeno

That will be a question for Troy - but apparently so?

:shruggy:

Alaskan_TA

I explored a little bit & it appears random, my post count shows in the classifieds. It may not go up, but it shows & others show as well.

People posting from smart phones maybe? I do not have one, so that is just a guess.

Troy

Basically, the main discussion forums will add add to a post count. The "temporary" forums won't. This came about because we'd have people who only posted for sale ads (that end up deleted) having several hundred posts and when they finally would comment elsewhere people would look them up and only see a couple posts. It's also because, at one point, anyone could post anywhere and we had a group of people who couldn't help themselves from posting disparaging remarks in every for sale/want ad. Some people see a post count as a sign that you may have some knowledge - when in reality a lot of people with high post counts got them from the Off Topic or jokes forums. If I could have a separate post count for the tech sections I think it would be awesome! The post count by a member's name should always be visible.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.