News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Testing the wiper motor

Started by Dino, October 10, 2015, 11:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I just reinstalled my 2 speed wiper motor and I "think" the linkage is back on the same way it came off.  Of course, if I'm wrong and I activate the wipers I may end up with a busted cowl sooo I'm thinking I should remove the wipers and put power to the motor to make sure it works as it should.   So how do I go about doing that when there's no wiring under the hood at this time?  Can I just use a battery and some alligator clips or should I hook up the wiper harness and put power to the switch?

My instrument cluster is out but I have no ammeter so no loose wires there.  It won't take much to reinstall the bulkhead connector that's just hanging under the dash and reinstall the maxi fuse that feeds the cabin.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

E5 Charger

I used alligator clips with a battery to test mine. If you want to be sure everything works right, try this link.
http://www.passion4mopars.com/Bench-Test-Mopar-2-Speed-Wiper-Motors-Concealed-and-Nonconcealed_b_5.html

Dino

Perfect!  Thank you!   :cheers:

Is there a tool to remove the wipers themselves?  I know I have to push the little clip aside but they will not disengage and I'm trying not to damage anything.

Dino

Dino

Motor tested and all is well.  Thanks E5  :cheers:

E5 Charger

You're welcome. That's what we're here for.  :cheers: