News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Posting sound files of engine noises etc

Started by 68charger440, October 11, 2015, 12:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440

I recently tried to post a 10 second recording of an engine sound that I needed help diagnosing.  It got rejected because the file type was not allowed.  Is there a sound file type tbat is allowed or is that too much of a can of worms. 
Just like a picture is worth a thousand words, so too can a sound be.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

Troy

The only allowed upload file formats are images (jpg, jpeg, png) and pdf and all are limited by size. Sound and video can take up a lot of space on the server (and via bandwidth every time someone downloads them). I'll think it over but it's hard enough to tell people how to resize/rename pictures.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68charger440

When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

XH29N0G

When I had the same issue, my son suggested making a short utube link and that worked.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

68charger440

Yeah, I was going to do that but it's quite a bit more cumbersome.  In a pinch it will do though.

XH29N0G

That it is, and if the link goes away, then people cannot see it later.  I also accept the arguments about site size etc...
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

68charger440

I'm grateful this site exists at all and I'm sure it takes some time and money to keep it going, so I'll be happy to live with it either way.