News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you think this looks strange?

Started by comet_666, October 16, 2015, 08:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Put in my steering column the other day..forgot the steering wheel is green.   :eek2:
With white/black interior.. I guess I will need to see how it looks after I put seats back in.

ODZKing

You should be able to find a black or wood-grain wheel without much difficulty. Kind of looks like it has seen better days anyway.
Here is a couple resto places.
http://www.stwheelz.com/
http://www.tuffwheelrestoration.com/steering.html  (one like yours at the bottom)
http://www.garyssteeringwheel.com/
http://www.steeringwheelbob.com/
http://qualityrestorations.com/

Ghoste

If you're talking about the horn pad, they repop those.

WHITE AND RED 69

Everything else looks brand new and spotless...and then you have a beat up steering wheel. I would have it cleaned up or get an aftermarket one.   :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

stripedelete

Are you talking about what appears to be two odometers?

comet_666

No, My cluster is the Dakota Digital one. Left is Tach, other is Speedo. They do look similar though  :icon_smile_big:

myk

I would've gone with an aftermarket, boy-racer steering wheel from Grant or Momo in order to complement the trick, modernized gauges, but I'm tacky like that...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Aftermarket, repop or restore, my money says once you complete the rest of the interior you'll change out that wheel no matter what. ;)

Dino

If you're getting another steering wheel, can I have yours?  I'm looking for one of those in need of some loving so I can customize it.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

Our timing sucks.  I just threw out my original one a couple months ago... :brickwall:
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

myk

It was in really bad shape-cracked everywhere, couldn't even tell what the original color was supposed to be.  If I had known that Dino would have wanted it I would've sent it to him.

Then again you're talking to the guy that threw out his OEM '69 bucket seats for his Summit race car specials... :slap:

Dino

Hey stop throwing stuff out!  Us poor guys need it!   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: myk on October 18, 2015, 06:56:17 AM
Our timing sucks.  I just threw out my original one a couple months ago... :brickwall:

:rotz:

That kinda stuff makes good garage art.....at least in my garage.   But I'm the kind of idiot that still has the original rusted exhaust pipes stashed in the attic...I don't throw nuthin'.

Ghoste

Me too, but its amazing sometimes what you discover you need later.

oldcarnut

Quote from: HeavyFuel on October 20, 2015, 10:26:42 PM
That kinda stuff makes good garage art.....at least in my garage.   But I'm the kind of idiot that still has the original rusted exhaust pipes stashed in the attic...I don't throw nuthin'.
All of a sudden I don't feel so by myself anymore  :lol:

Brock Lee

Quite often those woodgrain wheels wore down to a funky green color. Like a brownish/green. The brown/tan dash pads will often get funky wear spots that is the same color.

squirrel, 69 charger

It does look a bit strange... but my favorite color mixture is monster energy colors... so if it was different color of green, yes.
Alex

Kern Dog

quote author=myk link=topic=120436.msg1495250#msg1495250 date=1445089556]
I would've gone with an aftermarket, boy-racer steering wheel from Grant or Momo in order to complement the trick, modernized gauges, but I'm tacky like that...
[/quote]

If you are tacky, I'm right there with you, Myk.....

Andrada

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 31, 2015, 11:57:24 PM
quote author=myk link=topic=120436.msg1495250#msg1495250 date=1445089556]

If you are tacky, I'm right there with you, Myk.....
[/quote]

whats up on the spectacular gauges?1 can i have yours? where did you get those?make em yourself? :drool5:

Kern Dog

The guages are from Dakota Digital. They are analog in appearance but digital in operation. No speedo cable anymore, just a CAT-5 cable powering up the guages. I had to install a new oil pressure and water temp sender and they include a speedometer sending unit that attaches where the cable attached at the transmission. I'm not very adept at electrical stuff but I was able to get these installed and working.
LOVE mine!

Audiguy

I like the Dakota Digital Setup. May have to rethink restoreing my cluster. Thanks.

miller time

Steering wheel cover, and if anyone asks your preserving the original  :nana:
Also myk, I'll give you my address and you can throw things away to my house :D

myk

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 30, 2016, 12:00:34 AM
The guages are from Dakota Digital. They are analog in appearance but digital in operation. No speedo cable anymore, just a CAT-5 cable powering up the guages. I had to install a new oil pressure and water temp sender and they include a speedometer sending unit that attaches where the cable attached at the transmission. I'm not very adept at electrical stuff but I was able to get these installed and working.
LOVE mine!

That's a 'beaut for sure; good work on the install.

As for throwing stuff out; there's nothing original left to throw away asides from the frame and the sheet metal lol...

miller time

Quote from: myk on April 02, 2016, 06:25:02 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on January 30, 2016, 12:00:34 AM
LOVE mine!

That's a 'beaut for sure; good work on the install.

As for throwing stuff out; there's nothing original left to throw away asides from the frame and the sheet metal lol...

Oh that's OK, I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy, frame sheet metal, engines NOS parts, reproduction, even brand new just order things to my house and I'll "toss" them in the pile for ya, you know because I like ya, don't tell anyone though they may get jealous I don't do it for them :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink: