News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aftermarket steering wheels

Started by Hard Charger, October 18, 2015, 05:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hard Charger

what have people used for a aftermarket steering wheels.

the stock wheel makes my fingers go numb so I would like to change to something thicker. (and smaller diameter)

I bought a grant tough wheel but it would not mount up properly. it was hitting the directional handle. even with there installation kit. the off set was just not enough.

Mopar Nut

I have a extra thick lecarra 14" steering wheel on mine.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

70 sublime

I put this grant in mine
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

WHITE AND RED 69

Lecarra wheel with the standard grip on mine   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

oldcarnut

Mine  FSSteeringwheels com  Grips are changeable when you want to do something different

Hard Charger

appears most of you with aftermarket steering wheels have some sort of collar or spacer  between the column and the wheel.

oldcarnut

Hard Charger

standard columns do not have a 5 hole mount. is there another piece that will be needed for this?

oldcarnut

If your talking about mine, the piece behind the wheel mounts to the column just same as oem.  The 5 hole cover is for over the horn stuff and mounting hardware.  Go to the website and it will show the pieces.  No modifications were needed.  All said and done it was bout $135 shipped.  Cheapest I found and easy to order with salespeople for other options.

b5blue

My blinker stalk was close to my aftermarket wheel also. I just removed the stalk and bent the angle out of the bottom till I liked the position better.

Hard Charger

thank you

I appreciate all the feedback.

oldcarnut

I had a good couple inches turn bar clearance with mine