News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to hide the wires

Started by comet_666, October 26, 2015, 02:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Hey guys, going to be running a Firecore RTR and a 1 wire alt on my ride. Anyone else doing this? If so, what did you all do with the wiring for the elect ignition module, ballest and regulator?

b5blue

I joined start and run under the dash and connected run to a control relay that turns on power to the coil/dizzy. Then I removed all unused wire and devices.

Back N Black

I wanted mine to look stock, so i modified the ballast resistor with a solid wire and used a dummy plug for the orange box. The original wires i taped up and tucked in on the fire wall out of sight.  :Twocents:

Dino

I got rid of my ballast resistor and wiring.  I connected start and run under the dash and ran it to the bulkhead connector.  From there a new beefy single wire runs to the coil.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

303 Mopar

You will want to tie the start and run wires together, get rid of the ballast resistor since they go our often anyway and you do not need it.  I ran all my wires in a loom between the intake and valve cover.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

comet_666

Which are the start and run wires?

303 Mopar

Quote from: comet_666 on October 27, 2015, 02:13:37 PM
Which are the start and run wires?

Stock is blue and brown.  Get a volt meter on each and have someone put the key in the on position and then crank the car and the correct wires should show 12v in each positions.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible