News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dakota Digital guages, Ammeter bypass, bulkhead changes....

Started by Kern Dog, October 27, 2015, 09:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

Hey there, Thanks!
Oh, I wanted to ask about the pictures you have posted before with your car. You used a phone app to get that "portrait" look, right? Also, did I see you and the car in Cupertino at a Mopar show in 2014? Nice car, by the way.

WHITE AND RED 69

Yep that was me at the show, I do remember talking with someone who had a 70 with Intro twisted vista wheels so I'm pretty sure that was you. Not too many mopars running Intro wheels so I always remember those cars.  :2thumbs:  I dig the stance on yours with the wider fronts, hopefully I'll get to see your car in person one of these days.

Yeah the app is HDR camera studio on the google store. Has a bunch of different effects and settings to play with any pictures. With any photo that doesn't turn out right I usually play around with the app and can turn it into something usable.   
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Kern Dog

That was probably me. I haven't seen another 70 in red with these wheels.  I usually go to the Mopar Alley shows to sell at the swap. My car has been to the L.A. Spring and Fall Fling shows a few times but I've yet to bring it to the Mopar Alley show or the one in Madera, the San Joaquin valley Mopars show. I'm a member of the capital City Mopars in Sacramento and selling at our show is difficult since I am busy on car show day with all my various duties. Maybe you'd bring that fine car to our show in June???    :yesnod:   :yesnod:

WHITE AND RED 69

Let me know the date of the show and I'll be there   :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

raybork

Quote from: Kern Dog on December 07, 2015, 10:11:11 PM
Despite the delays of yardwork, visiting relatives and other stuff, I'm back at it and making a little progress.
I installed the oil pressure switch and temperature switch. They are unique for the guage set because of their digital processing. The speedometer pulse generator is also in and the wires for all three are routed through the firewall and into the inside. The speedo is now read by an electronic signal. The wiring to it is soft and since it sits directly above the LH header collector, I had to put in a loop/strap against the floor to keep the wire away from the header. All that remains is to run a separate ground wire for the fuel sender. This is required for proper operation. The cluster is thinner and lighter than stock. It has a "Brain box" that will be mounted directly behind the cluster.
Last week I removed the stock ammeter wiring. The 10g alternator charge wire now ends at the starter relay with a 14g fusible link in it. The interior is powered by a 10g red wire (With a 16g fusible link) that runs through a drilled out passage in the bulkhead connector. No terminal ends, it is a continuous wire soldered to the three wires that go to the Fuse Box, Ignition Switch and Headlight switch. Every new connection has been soldered and shrink wrapped to prevent corrosion.

Hi Kern,

I too am doing a Dakota Digital dash conversion on my 68 Charger. Did you use your stock wiring harness with this or did you upgrade to a newer harness? Where did you terminate the 10g interior wire at and which wire from the ignition did you solder to it?

Also, how did you split the "accessory" signal wire from the ignition that is required for the "brain box" and your after market radio or did you?

Thanks

Chris