News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How long will it take me. To swap wiring and cluster

Started by Jduv10007, October 28, 2015, 08:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jduv10007

I have a 71 charger and I want to swap out my standard cluster gauge with a rallye one. I am trying to figure out how big of a project this is. A quick or long day or a weekend project kind of thing. The situation is that I have a restored wiring and cluster for a rallye set up but my standard cluster doesn't have very much wiring to think of. Nothing works and wires are damaged and not sure where it all goes. But don't care. I have a wiring diagram for the rallye set up. How difficult is it to pull the old cluster and do the conversion. Is it worth pulling the entire dash. Please give me any information you have on this. And your best guess hour time frame.

Thanks all for your time.
Jason

Brock Lee

If pulling the dash is an option, go for it. Installing the new harness will go much smoother and you can really route the wires easier. You can spend several minutes on a hard to reach connector if you are laying on your back. If you are replacing an entire dash harness, everything will be unplugged anyway. The cars are made with the wire harness already in the dash before assembly. They completely disconnect from the other harnesses. 

Ghoste

It's not incredibly difficult but not something you should rush, allow yourself a weekend.  It shouldn't take more than the better part of a day but give yourself the time.

Jduv10007