News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FIRECORE RTR QUESTION

Started by comet_666, October 29, 2015, 09:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I must have lost the instructions to install this.
I also looked on the website and nothing there. Anyone have a link or copy?

firefighter3931

I just sent the instructions to your Yahoo e-mail.  :yesnod:

Tried posting them here but the files were too large.  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

comet_666

Thanks!!
Are there wiring instructions as well?

firefighter3931

Quote from: comet_666 on October 29, 2015, 10:34:55 AM
Thanks!!
Are there wiring instructions as well?

Yep, they are on page 1 of the instructions  :yesnod:

Red to coil +
Orange to coil -
Black to engine ground (I use one of the intake valley pan end strap bolts at the front of the engine)

You can remove the ballist resistor and tie the two wires together or keep the ballist in place and gut it while soldering in a #8 jumper wire. The RTR is designed to be run on a constant 12V power feed. The blue wire from the ballist gets connected to the coil + terminal.

That's it....easy as pie.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

comet_666

You can remove the ballist resistor and tie the two wires together

You mean these guys? (blue wires)

firefighter3931

Nope,

I should have said ; tie the two terminals together. Basicly the wiring from one side of the ballist gets tied into the other side. This gives you a constant 12V power supply in both the run & start positions of the ignition circuit. It needs 12V to start and 12V after the key is released to keep running.  :yesnod:

If you want to keep the "stock look" you can gut the ballist resistor and solder in an 8 guage jumper wire between the top and bottom terminals on the backside of the ballist resistor. This will give you 12V at all times. Same effect as removing the ballist entirely and tying both plugs together  ;)

Ron

303 Mopar

Quote from: comet_666 on October 29, 2015, 12:44:15 PM
You can remove the ballist resistor and tie the two wires together

You mean these guys? (blue wires)

It is actually a blue wire and a brown wire you need to tire together, if you have a stock wire harness.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

comet_666

These?