News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

politics

Started by el dub, October 30, 2015, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger440

I don't see a problem with having a political section.  I live in the U.S. where free speech used to be both legal and encouraged, not censored. 
If you don't like a thread then stop reading it! It's that simple and easy. :Twocents: 
With that said, I do see that people get pretty bent out of shape over politics and religion, and I would hate to see people who would otherwise be good friends turn to enemies.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

skip68

Quote from: 68charger440 on November 07, 2015, 03:36:17 PM
I would hate to see people who would otherwise be good friends turn to enemies.

That's the reason right there.   
You and I can start fighting in this thread and then it spews over into another thread in charger section and we're taking pot shots at each other.   Not worth it.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68charger440

Quote from: skip68 on November 07, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

You and I can start fighting in this thread and then it spews over into another thread in charger section and we're taking pot shots at each other.   Not worth it.   
Yea, it's true but a shame that people can't have a lively debate without getting personal.  I enjoy debating with people who have differing opinions, but only if it is kept respectful.  It is a reflection of the divide in the U.S today and it seems more polarized and vitriolic than at any other point in my life.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

skip68

I think it'd be great to discuss politics.  As long as there's no democrats involved.   :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68charger440

Quote from: skip68 on November 07, 2015, 06:24:55 PM
I think it'd be great to discuss politics.  As long as there's no democrats involved.   :nana:
:smilielol:
Now that's the spirit! :rofl:

el dub

You and I can start fighting in this thread and then it spews over into another thread in charger section and we're taking pot shots at each other.   Not worth it.  

Good friends do not become enemies>unless you screw their wife. I can count my good friends with one hand. They are friends that would do anything for me and vice versa. Become enemies over politics, dream on. If your friends are like this I will give you some advice. They are not your good friends, get some new ones. And to the whiners who don't like jokes and cant see the humor in anything, I feel for your wives.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

68charger440

Quote from: el dub on November 19, 2015, 11:58:02 AM

You and I can start fighting in this thread and then it spews over into another thread in charger section and we're taking pot shots at each other.   Not worth it.  

Good friends do not become enemies>unless you screw their wife. I can count my good friends with one hand. They are friends that would do anything for me and vice versa. Become enemies over politics, dream on. If your friends are like this I will give you some advice. They are not your good friends, get some new ones. And to the whiners who don't like jokes and cant see the humor in anything, I feel for your wives.
That's the way it should be, but when it comes to politics and religion people get funny real fast.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: el dub on November 19, 2015, 11:58:02 AM

:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

skip68

I agree to a point.  Keep in mind that most of us here aren't good friends or even friends for that matter.  We're internet Charger buds that haven't even met in person.  Over the years I've made some friends here and spent time with them outside of this site.   Not a lot but some.   I've got lots of buddies on here and we get along great for the most part.  But we don't hang out together outside of here, go shooting, ride motorcycles and so on.   We are mostly all social media friends.   I bet outside of here and away from Chargers most of us wouldn't be best friends but merely acquaintances. 
Of course you would all want to hang out with me though.  But that's just because I'm me and everybody loves me.   :nana:   
That being said, we can easily become against each other over differences of opinion.   

68charger440

I would bet that if we all lived close to each other we would have a much higher percentage of friendships than say the people you work with.  That is to say if you have one or two Friends from work that you hang around with outside of work, you might have two or three of us Charger guys that you would hang around with outside of this site.  These cars are a shared passion.  How many Friends at work do you share a passion with?

500Jon

Hi Charger friends!
The Golden rule in LimeyLand is, especially when in a pub (with beer), with so called mates is..

Never talk about Politics or Religion.

We have enough brawls over Football and Cars as it is thanks!!! :slap:

Limey 5J

Second Golden rule is...once you start swearing, peeps lose interest in what you are saying... :RantExplode:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

polywideblock

"once you start swearing, peeps lose interest in what you are saying..."

unless you work in the live entertainment industry in which case no-one takes any notice until they get a mouth full of F bombs   :yesnod:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

500Jon

I just love a Fecking Poly wide-block myself!
Gonna fit one in my bleeding truck.
S++T me, my mates got a 402 Stroker one!
Its absolutely G+ddam mental.
Lets see what the Fecking Feds will says about that, To$$ers. :smilielol:

Where was i? Oh yea, everthing in Moderation...
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

68charger440

Quote from: 500Jon on November 28, 2015, 05:54:42 AM
I just love a Fecking Poly wide-block myself!
Gonna fit one in my bleeding truck.
S++T me, my mates got a 402 Stroker one!
Its absolutely G+ddam mental.
Lets see what the Fecking Feds will says about that, To$$ers. :smilielol:

Where was i? Oh yea, everthing in Moderation...
You forgot politics and religion in your rant.  At least you could give fair time to those lefty commie bastards and right wing climate change denier racist haters. :slap: :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: el dub on October 30, 2015, 07:32:11 PM
I seem to be getting a lot of flak if I post jokes that have a politician in them., Especially when they are of democrats. For some reason, grown men get all butthurt over it. Maybe you could bend your rules for some political humor. If you are going to say that people will get all crazy and act funny over it I don't believe that. Otherwise it would happen anyway over anything. Just a suggestion.  I cant understand how grown men get butthurt over political jokes. Or maybe it is just the mod that's getting carried away. Humor is good not matter what kind. Side bet: I bet the ones who complain don't even have a charger. Car guys aren't whiners.

I thought Butthurt was when you get raped in Prison.  :smilielol:

Bobs69

Side bet: I bet the ones who complain don't even have a charger. Car guys aren't whiners.

Does that include fox body mustang owners that live with their parents?

68charger440

Quote from: Bobs69 on November 28, 2015, 10:54:52 AM
Side bet: I bet the ones who complain don't even have a charger. Car guys aren't whiners.

Does that include fox body mustang owners that live with their parents?
Don't they all? :eek2:

Bobs69

Probably because I'm just not interested but I don't keep on politics.  Can someone tell me why they enjoy discussing it so much? 

Forget coming back with a smart ass answer about how you like to be informed in what goes on around you. 

Is it the debates you enjoy?  The confrontations?  Trying to outwit your opponent in a game of words?  Or is it the actual drama that interests people?

I've noticed at the last place I worked at people would just talk about politics like it was someones dirty laundry.  That's what the draw was all about.  Someone else that was in a position of authority doing something stupid. 

I think there are a lot of self serving phony people out there, but also, they are the elected officials on the front line that make the hard unpopular decisions most fence huggers would refuse to do.

XH29N0G

For me, Talking politics with friends is to gripe about something that I either disagree with or that I see having a negative impact on me.   To have people talk about the opposing side hits a nerve and just  :flame:  I generally try to stay away from it on this forum, but will voice opinions if I think my side needs something said.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

JB400

Just a quick thanks for getting the terrorist thread locked.  I thought we was doing good on that one not to get political, and actually found it quite factual on the Islamic community.  

Guess not :P

Troy

Quote from: JB400 on December 07, 2015, 12:58:35 PM
Just a quick thanks for getting the terrorist thread locked.  I thought we was doing good on that one not to get political, and actually found it quite factual on the Islamic community. 
Yeah, I know. I tend to "let things go" as long as it's a civil discussion among adults. But, eventually, they all seem to degrade to rants, name calling, and insults. That's why it's almost easier to lock them immediately.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

JB400

Looking back, I guess I instigated it.   :brickwall:  I shouldn't post when I'm tired.  That's what got the CoC thread locked. :P

My fault. :slap:

68charger440

It's a sad commentary on humanity that just like these threads things start civil, then deteriorate into insults, and finally outright war. People can't simply agreee to disagree, they have to kill those who disagree. It makes me wonder sometimes if humanity has what it takes to keep from destroying itself, or even deserves to survive.  Will humanity turn out to be a failed experiment of nature or God, whichever you believe in?

skip68

What did somebody do?   Start arguing?   I guess I missed it again. 

el dub

That's the thing. When somebody turns into an asshole others have to step in and tell him to STFU. Then it would work. Im just talking cartoons here, not political discussion. That's all I wanted, was to be able to have some comic relief to laugh at. What really kills me is everybody already knows all pols are pretty much stupid and should be laughed at. I mean, look how long it takes them to do something.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem