News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

politics

Started by el dub, October 30, 2015, 07:32:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

500Jon

Trump for Prime Minister (UK)... :2thumbs:

Before its tooo LATE!!! :slap:

Hope that's not a Political comment??? :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

polywideblock

it is ,but in an ass about way. so I don't think anyone will get bent out of shape about it  :scratchchin:  but then again who knows these days  :rofl:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

68charger440

Quote from: polywideblock on December 10, 2015, 11:40:17 PM
it is ,but in an ass about way. so I don't think anyone will get bent out of shape about it  :scratchchin:  but then again who knows these days  :rofl:
I think political correctness has swung the pendulum way too far to the left, and is about to swing back to the right.  Many people are sick of it but afraid of the leftist ridicule they get labled with unless they quietly go along with the "correct" way of thinking, but come election time we may find that there is a silent support for a more politicaly incorrect but tougher U. S. that is no longer run by a bunch of pacifist cowards followed by a bunch a lemmings.
I think that is why despite Trump's loose cannon remarks he still is gaining support.  People are willing to support anyone who is not a politician., and would rather have someone answer a question and put his foot in his mouth than a politician that when asked a simple yes or no question will talk for an hour without saying yes or no.  
Just the fact that someone like Trump can have double digit support throughout the country shows how disgusted the people are with the corruption that is ruining our country.  If our government was not so disfunctional and corrupt, someone like him would never have the level of support he does.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

XH29N0G

He isn't different than the others.  He also is saying what he thinks people want to hear, trying out some ideas slowly and going for it he thinks it will draw support. 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

skip68

I'd take 1 leader who's rough around the edges, (not politically correct,  strong, doesn't have time or care that someone's offended in the process of building forward and knows how to run big business) over 100 leaders that are weak, politically correct and bought and paid for career politicians.   
There is so much waste in the fleecing of America that the words "you're fired" are coming.    :rofl:   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68charger440

Quote from: skip68 on December 11, 2015, 08:13:42 AM
I'd take 1 leader who's rough around the edges, (not politically correct,  strong, doesn't have time or care that someone's offended in the process of building forward and knows how to run big business) over 100 leaders that are weak, politically correct and bought and paid for career politicians.  
There is so much waste in the fleecing of America that the words "you're fired" are coming.    :rofl:    

XH29...That is where Trump is in fact different than the others. He will answer just about any question.  I'm not that much of a fan of his, but I do respect that he will answer the questions.  I would love to vote for someone who is not so much of a loose cannon, but if all other choices are career politicians who are in so many pockets that they have to refuse to answer a direct question for fear of upsetting one of his or her owners then I can understand why people see him as the only choice to show their disgust with the corrupt status quo.  
Bring me a fiscal conservative who is also a social moderate, who will also stop doubletalking and just answer the questions asked and that person will probably get my vote even if I disagree with some of his stands.
When someone is absolutely 100% sure they know exactly what your problem is and how to fix it, it's time to ask someone else!

skip68

Quote from: 68charger440 on December 11, 2015, 08:59:55 AM
Quote from: skip68 on December 11, 2015, 08:13:42 AM
I'd take 1 leader who's rough around the edges, (not politically correct,  strong, doesn't have time or care that someone's offended in the process of building forward and knows how to run big business) over 100 leaders that are weak, politically correct and bought and paid for career politicians.  
There is so much waste in the fleecing of America that the words "you're fired" are coming.    :rofl:    

XH29...That is where Trump is in fact different than the others. He will answer just about any question.  I'm not that much of a fan of his, but I do respect that he will answer the questions.  I would love to vote for someone who is not so much of a loose cannon, but if all other choices are career politicians who are in so many pockets that they have to refuse to answer a direct question for fear of upsetting one of his or her owners then I can understand why people see him as the only choice to show their disgust with the corrupt status quo.  
Bring me a fiscal conservative who is also a social moderate, who will also stop doubletalking and just answer the questions asked and that person will probably get my vote even if I disagree with some of his stands.

That's exactly it.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68charger440

Also, the unlimited money that our supreme court so short sightedly allowed the PACs to use under the guise of free speech pretty much guaranteed that the bought and paid for politicians will be the only ones who get elected going forward. 
Every civilization since the beginning of time has fallen eventually, and for any that have resembled a republic or democracy corruption was the downfall.  We seem to be on that same road.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 68charger440 on December 11, 2015, 09:20:44 AM
Also, the unlimited money that our supreme court so short sightedly allowed the PACs to use under the guise of free speech pretty much guaranteed that the bought and paid for politicians will be the only ones who get elected going forward. 
Every civilization since the beginning of time has fallen eventually, and for any that have resembled a republic or democracy corruption was the downfall.  We seem to be on that same road.

My government teacher in High school said that for our style of government to stay healthy we need a revolution every 200 years...... Weve been over due since 1976! I firmly believe this is the only way out of this mess.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

skip68

I fully agree with that.  Not as extreme but a mild version of revolution. 
I'd just be happy to get common sense back.  We traded common sense for politically correctness years ago. 
We are weaker as a whole than before.   How many remember our parents say to us "life's tuff or life's not fair deal with it" ?   :rofl:   
And we did.   Not so much nowadays.   :rotz:

polywideblock

one of our most hatted prime ministers said it    :yesnod:  " life wasn't meant to be easy "

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Malcolm_Fraser

XH29N0G

I accept your point.  Trump does answer questions. I still think he is rehearsing and playing us just like the others are.  An honest straight talker would be nice.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

polywideblock

can" honest" and "politician" actually be used in the same sentence  :scratchchin:

68charger440

Quote from: XH29N0G on December 11, 2015, 06:24:25 PM
I accept your point.  Trump does answer questions. I still think he is rehearsing and playing us just like the others are.  An honest straight talker would be nice.
I couldn't agree more!  I think the popularity of Trump in in effect a revolution against the state of American politics and not really so much of an endorsement of Trump or his policies.  
An honest straight talking politician would be nice, but it seems that "honest straight talking" and "politician" in the same sentence are mutually exclusive!
Revision...I just saw the comment polywideblock made.  I guess many of us see it the same way.

ws23rt

Quote from: 68charger440 on December 11, 2015, 07:30:55 PM
Quote from: XH29N0G on December 11, 2015, 06:24:25 PM
I accept your point.  Trump does answer questions. I still think he is rehearsing and playing us just like the others are.  An honest straight talker would be nice.
I couldn't agree more!  I think the popularity of Trump in in effect a revolution against the state of American politics and not really so much of an endorsement of Trump or his policies.  
An honest straight talking politician would be nice, but it seems that "honest straight talking" and "politician" in the same sentence are mutually exclusive!
Revision...I just saw the comment polywideblock made.  I guess many of us see it the same way.

There is little question about Trump playing the game. ---He is playing the game that made him lots of money. He is playing the game that puts him high on his game.---He has become HIM.

I recall another presidential candidate that had success in becoming all they thought of themselves.---Achievement ---

When choosing a leader--we need someone with many attributes.---- Number one (after election) is to get over yourself and get to work.

Sadly it has always been a crap shoot as to whether the new leader will work at the job or just absorb the shine of the job.

The mechanism we have to change our mind about out leader- is a place that needs serious consideration. If we find ourselves in another eight years with no sensible redo option--many bad things can happen while we wait for the next go around.

Rational voting has never been more important.

OOPs I ranted again :slap:

68charger440

Quote from: ws23rt on December 11, 2015, 10:28:33 PM

Rational voting has never been more important.

Rational voting is quickly becoming an oxymoron!  The people vote for whomever gives the best entitlements no matter what other sins are committed.
Campaign finance reform, term limits, loss of pension and ban from public office for corruption convictions would be an easy good start to begin cleaning this mess up, but with the fox guarding the hen house those measures will never pass. 

68charger440

Allow me to be your beloved benevolent dictator and I'll have this mess straightened up in a year. :slap: :smilielol:

ws23rt

If the presidents position was not set so much in stone as it is--perhaps the office of vice president would gain value.  :shruggy:

ws23rt

You know what--- Just because this thread has the title "politics" might not give it legs. :D

We are in the site suggestions/help desk room and I personally feel I've stepped to far here.--- :slap:

68charger440

Good point.  I forgot about where it started and just kept replying to it.  I guess Troy can move it to off topic if need be.  This thread is a good example showing that politics can be discussed civilly.  Now I probably just jinxed it. :lol:

Lennard

I visit this website for my passion: Chargers.
If I want to read political topics, I can find those on a million other websites.

polywideblock

but still came and read it anyway  , so some interest

68charger440

There is nothing wrong with serving more than one interest in one site.  I don't want to have to log into a different site for every different interest I have.  It's easy enough to ignore those topics that don't interest you. :shruggy:

Lennard

Quote from: polywideblock on December 12, 2015, 12:03:58 AM
but still came and read it anyway  , so some interest
No, not one bit. I came to this section for the "pictures posting" topic and saw this topic with "politics" as header and since I know that politics are not allowed on this website I was curious as to what it was about.  
And for El Dub, you keep saying: "man the fuck up!"
Practice what you preach man...You're acting like a little kid that doesn't get what he wants by deleting your pictures and leaving this website.

polywideblock

now who's trying to get the thread they don't like locked   :scratchchin: