News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Industries 68-70 B body dash trim panels

Started by Kern Dog, November 03, 2015, 01:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

I'm waiting for delivery of a guage cluster from Dakota Digita so while the parts slowly trickle in, I've opened a few boxes to get a gander. The Dashboard trim panels from Classic Industries arrived today. 
Holy crap. I was not aware of just how bad my panels looked in my 70 Charger until I unwrapped these. The pebble grain looks great. The chrome trim looks fantastic. The lettering around the headlight switch, etc looks fantastic. The guages and dash are just about the last original components of the car. I have hesitated to restore the guages because they still worked fine...until the oil pressure guage died, then the temp guage began to act up...I figured I'd make the move and get it looking nice.
Pictures WILL follow.

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

myk

I'm impressed that the Dakota cluster fits underneath the stock bezel; great products for sure...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

The old ones several years ago before I added the tach.

Kern Dog

I bought the tach from "Restorations by Julius" in Los Angeles. It is a clock that has been refaced with a modern tach guts behind the display. It looks similar to the factory lettering.

Kern Dog

In a pathetic attempt, I tried to paint the lettering in 2002. My hands are not exactly as shaky as Katherine Hepburn or Crispin Glover, but I should have just let the weathered lettering stay. The new panels make mine look like junkyard parts!

Kern Dog

Sorta hard to tell but the chrome is really nice.

Kern Dog

Kern Dog

Dino

The lettering was one of the most fun jobs in restoring my bezels.  I don't know why but I really enjoyed it.   :lol:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86736.75.html

Those new bezels look great!  Can't wait to see it all back together.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.