News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best wire for seat burlap redo?

Started by b5blue, November 04, 2015, 07:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I'm getting ready to redo my 70 Charger seats and want to replace the burlap. It's got thin wire running through it and some used welding wire? What's best?  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Those wire stays use a very stiff kind of wire, you should be able to get some at any upholstery shop or Tractor Supply.

BLK 68 R/T

Alaskan_TA

I do not use the tiny wires in seats I re-do for clients, I use a double layer of burlap instead.

66FBCharger

Quote from: b5blue on November 04, 2015, 07:10:21 AM
I'm getting ready to redo my 70 Charger seats and want to replace the burlap. It's got thin wire running through it and some used welding wire? What's best?  :scratchchin:
You can also cut a new piece of burlap and put it on top of the seat frame.Then put your original burlap with the wires on top of the new burlap. Hog ring the old and new burlap to the frame. You will have the new burlap that will look great from under the seat and you will have the wires in the old burlap to give the extra support.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Ghoste

Thats kind of what I did when I redid the 67, I used some of the existing ones and replaced some and double burlapped some.  Overkill, underkill, I don't know but it did work.

b5blue

My old foam and burlap is stanky/shot/nasty, it's all gotta go!  :eek2: Maybe just skip it like suggested?  :shruggy:

Alaskan_TA

Foam can be washed to get the stink out, for many cars it is the only option since new foam is not available for all models.

Burlap is cheap, I buy 100' rolls for the shop.

b5blue

Building the car back to daily driver I figured new everything for the frames is best money spent, my car has had a rough life between working and drag race days.  :lol: