News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for an experienced/reputable shop in the Cincinnati area

Started by funknut, November 06, 2015, 10:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funknut

Hello -

I'm new to Mopars (and older vehicles in general) and I just recently picked up a 68 Charger.  I'm fairly novice right now, but there are a few things I feel comfortable with and am planning to do (brakes, charging system, steering gearbox, suspension, etc.).  Before I dig in too much, I was hoping to find an experienced/reputable local shop that could go over the car and tell me if there's anything else that needs immediate attention.

Not looking for a body/paint shop (the body is in quite good shape), just a place that's familiar with the mechanicals.  It has what seems like a fairly fresh 440 with some quality parts on it, but my primary concern right now is a rough idle and what sounds like excessive valvetrain noise.  Being a newbie, I'd feel better knowing a veteran has looked it over.

If anybody knows of a place in or nearby Cincinnati that fits the bill, any pointers/ideas would be much appreciated!