News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went through my dash (tan interior content)

Started by Brock Lee, November 07, 2015, 04:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I actually really like the faux wood dash inserts. It really suits the tan in my opinion.

mopar4don

Quote from: Brock Lee on January 25, 2016, 12:06:58 AM
I had the factory color code mixed in the original suede textured lacquer. Not a urethane.

The shots of it and the headliner trim piece on saw horses is about an hour after I applied the last coat.
Did you use PPG?
So you asked your local paint supplier to mix up Buckskin Tan (23076) in a suede textured lacquer right?
Sorry I just want to get it right? This stuff is not cheap!
And I appreciate your help.

Brock Lee

I bought it through autocolorlibrary.com, which is one of those TCP places. Anyway, I use them for all the lacquers..the argent silver, organisol, and suede finishes as nobody near me mixes lacquer.

If I were you, I would just have that stock piece you have color matched locally. I painted everything and since these things varied a little from day 1, and they further differ due to varying degrees of fading...I was not using any real tan painted parts with it. So it didn't matter.You are attempting to color match..just let them use their tools and get it dead on to the part you have.

mopar4don

Quote from: Brock Lee on January 25, 2016, 02:57:28 PM
I bought it through autocolorlibrary.com, which is one of those TCP places. Anyway, I use them for all the lacquers..the argent silver, organisol, and suede finishes as nobody near me mixes lacquer.

If I were you, I would just have that stock piece you have color matched locally. I painted everything and since these things varied a little from day 1, and they further differ due to varying degrees of fading...I was not using any real tan painted parts with it. So it didn't matter.You are attempting to color match..just let them use their tools and get it dead on to the part you have.

Brock,

I tried sending you a PM but your inbox was full.
Would you still happen to have the paint can with the codes on it?
Or if you could send me a PM with your phone number and a good time to call I can explain further.
Thanks
Don

marshallfry01

I absolutely love this thread.  I'll be doing the same thing when I get started on my General Lee project.  :2thumbs:  :coolgleamA:
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.