News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 post lift

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, November 07, 2015, 11:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

hey guys what are you using for 4 post lifts? any thoughts or info would be great. we have a old two post benwil and are thinking of adding a 4 post as the 2 post is a pita and we cant get all the chatter out.

A383Wing

are you talking like a drive on style?

69 OUR/TEA

This topic/question has been asked many times here , you are going to get multiple comments/opinions back and forth about US vs. Chinese , and if it does or doesn't have an ALI certification .
Here's my take , .....what/how much is it going to be used ? Is cost going to factor in what you buy ?
Here are some examples/brands to look into :
Mohawk , no dispute , probably the best , made in US. Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Bendpak , big company , a lot of research/engineering behind them , half/half , some of the components are made here in the US , while other pieces of them are made in "their" own overseas factory for "themselves" . Very good products , very good pricing .Check them out on their website , get pricing thru Bestbuyautoequipment .Some of their lifts , but not all do have ALI certification.
Backyard Buddy , made in US , very pricy , very good lift , they use scare tactics to try and get your business .( believe their 4 post is over $4k ). No ALI certification.
Then you have the large Chinese manufacturers of 2/4 post lifts that come here to distributors and get "named" differently ,obviously way cheaper/affordable(less inexpensive) compared to the ones mentioned.Meaning the same lift could be being sold under quite a few different names . Atlas,Prokar,Propark,Eagle,etc,etc,etc. Would these lifts work for years with no troubles , absolutely . Because they're full blown Chinese , are they going to collapse/break , highly unlikely . User error plays bigger threats .
With all that said , I have a "Chinese" 4 post Prokar since 2008 , works/has worked great since then . Have a Bendpak 9k 2 post , my opinion , awesome lift , very well built . And also have a mid rise scissor , Rotary Revolution , very nice/well built piece !!!!! (Rotary also now has an overseas facility ).
But, gotta say , since going to the Mecum show at Harissburg,Pa last year , there was a new lift on display there that I never heard of , Advantage Lifts , having their 4 post on display ,  if I was in the market for a 4 post , I would be buying this one. It pretty much is a direct copy of Backyard Buddy , but a few $$$$$ cheaper . Check them out ,and Bestbuyautoequipment, and Gregsmithequipment .
http://www.advantagelifts.us/

Dodgecharger74

Looking to buy a 4 post lift  The Advantage lift looks to be high quality  Have not found any bad reviews  Does any one here have one ?
any problems ?
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

PlainfieldCharger

I have an Advantage lift. I am using it for long term storage for a un-restored 70 bee...so it has only been up and down 5-6 times. But I would say that I am very happy I got it as it is very sturdy. I have had to climb around this car while it was in the up position (looking at factory welds/oem bolts) to restore a 70 convertible. This 4 post is rock solid and it's the extra high version... :Twocents:

superbird20

I have 4 bend paks 14,000 lbs and 2 Advantage Lifts 11,000 lbs.  Advantage Lifts all the way.  Several differences between the two.  With the Bend Pak, you have to have air connection to lower.  With Advantage Lift you don't.  Also with Advantage Lift, they have wheels that lower so when the lift is empty, you can move it around to store or re-angle for a car.  Also with Advantage, you can drive the car on or off from either side and Advantage Lifts have removable ramps so you don't bonk your head when the lift is in the air.

mr. hemi

I looked at quite a few lifts before I settled on the Advantage Lifts 9000# unit I have. Had it for about 5 years now and couldn't be happier with it. I purchased it primarily for storage, but I use it regularly for maintenance as well. Mine is cycled up and down about 10 times per week with no issues. Highly recommend getting their hydraulic lift unit that sits between the tread plates. Makes the lift very versatile. The engineer in me prefers the square tube design of the Advantage Lifts as opposed the the more common bent plate design.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127122.150.html[/url
You know you are vintage when someone says, "Back in the day", and you can dispute their facts.

Dodgecharger74

I will be buying  The Advantage 9000 XLT later this fall  Thanks
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

Paul G

Had my Advantage XLT for a few years now. My next door neighbor has another brand 4 post, liked my Advantage so much better he bought himself one, now he has two lifts.

The Advantage lift is much more stable with a vehicle in the air than any of the other brands my neighbors have. Actually two others in my neighborhood also bought Advantage lifts after seeing ours.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

blakemon

The Bend-Pak is a quality tool. Worth the cost.

69 500

i have a Bendpak  30,000 pound 4 post lift and it is 20 years old i have had it for 10 years. the size of the piston(rod ) on the hydralic cylinder is most important . most of the lifts today are of american design  and redesigned by the Chinese . if its got cables instead of a lift chain , then if states its a 10,000 lb lift its a 10,000 lb lift not a 10,001 lb lift they are made to maxium capicity. so uif you elect to go with a Chinese  then you should upgrade 2-3 times the maxium you expect to lift. . a 1 ton dually crew cab diesel weighs 10 -12,000 lbs it woud be wise to get 18 to 24,000 lift , safty first. ask Jay Horack of Cleveland , he lost a customers A12 off of his 2 post several years ago. i know different lift same issues .  i would go with bend pack