News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Blue Bloods Bullitt Episode-too bad they used a 69 Charger instead of a 68

Started by triple_green, November 08, 2015, 10:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triple_green

I enjoyed the Bullitt plot in the Blue Bloods TV show on Friday night. Apparently there is some belief that the real Bullitt Mustang is in fact in a Barn New Jersey.

Anyway..toward the end of the show, they showed the crooked car broker in what they said was a 68 Charger(like in the movie) but disappointingly it was a 69 with 70 hubcaps. Couldn't really see the color it was dark.

This is the problem with being a Charger nerd..wrong facts disappoint  :)

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

charge69

It's sad when the shows cannot get the year of the car right.  This was also discussed in the post .... "Chargers in the background .... "  The sub-story was all about the '68 Mustang "Bullet" car anyway!

Mike DC

They probably knew the difference but couldn't get ahold of the right car.  They might have only been given a week or two's notice.   

charge69

That is a possibility, Mike but, they should not have shown the grille of the '69 so prominently while Danny was calling it a '68. We still would have recognized it in a side-shot because of the side-marker reflectors but it wouldn't have been so obvious to us "MOPAR people". Yeah, I know most people would not know the difference but now, when they see my '69 Charger, they will think it is a '68.

They made a big deal about the '68 Mustang as the original "Bullitt" Mustang that Steve McQueen drove but dismissed the Charger and blatantly showed the wrong year Charger as well.  The producer of the show must be a Mustang fan.  Definitely not a MOPAR fan.

All-in-all, not a big deal but, would it hurt them to get it right? I like the show and still do and will continue to watch it, just a little disappointed is all.

JB400

At least they showed a Charger, even if it was just a "nice touch" according to Danny.

greenpigs

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 08, 2015, 01:03:57 PM

They probably knew the difference but couldn't get ahold of the right car.  They might have only been given a week or two's notice.   

I don't know about that as nearly half of the 68's left seem to be black.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

grdprx

I set the DVR to record it when I saw the promos on it.  Total bummer they used the wrong year Charger!  They spent so much time gushing over the 68 Mustang, total bias!   :nana:

nge

I own an old Mustang and an old Charger....love 'em both :2thumbs:....first two steps towards my "Jay Leno lifestyle" (148 cars to go) :lol: