News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Notes on my recent going through a Tick Tock Tach and reconing a speaker

Started by Brock Lee, November 13, 2015, 04:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Lee

My original Tic Tock Tach was not working 100%. The clock only worked when it felt like it, the tach was starting to act funky near the end. I had to reface it anyway, so while it was all apart I gave it a really good cleaning. I used some general electronic tuner/contact cleaner meant to be used to clean potentiometers, switches, and contacts. While I was in there I lubed everything that moved with electronic grease. Tightened up the little retaining ring on the stem, refaced, and now it is working flawlessly.

My dash speaker was not OEM. I have a stock AM/FM thumbwheel and had a OEM dash speaker core sitting around. So I bought this recone kit

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/delco-4x10-diy-standard-recone-kit/

This kit is almost perfect, but perhaps because it is a Delco product the center of the cone sits about 1/4" higher than it should. The company likely would have made me a voice coil that was 1/4" taller, but I have coil winding machines (I make guitar pickups), so making a proper voice coil was faster and easier than waiting. Anyhow, if you want to recone your own, talk to the place. They are super friendly and are looking to help any way they can. And the job itself is easy. Super easy. It takes minutes.