News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MSD Mounting

Started by Ghoste, November 22, 2015, 05:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I know its been discussed here before but are there many guys here running an MSD and mounting it inside the car?

myk

You mean inside the cabin?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

Yeah.  I know some guys do it but just wondering where exactly.

1974dodgecharger

somebody on the forum mounted theirs inside the door hinge part area...and the only time he can get it out is to take the door apart, lmao.  :hah: :icon_smile_big:

myk

Most people do the glovebox.  Another spot I heard about is under the backseat...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

firefighter3931

Mine is mounted in the cabin area on the heater box. Easy access to change rev limiter pills. The box stays nice and cool not being exposed to engine bay heat  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

There's space up there?  I hadn't even thought about up there Ron.

303 Mopar

In my '71 Challenger, I mounted the box in the trunk with the battery and ran all wires through a loom along the pinch weld.  Nice and clean with easy access.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Chargen69

Quote from: Ghoste on November 22, 2015, 05:14:43 PM
I know its been discussed here before but are there many guys here running an MSD and mounting it inside the car?

I'm not running a radio,. my msd is behind the radio delete plate

tiki

mine

tiki

between the battery and the radiator mounts perfectly and keeps nice and cool with the fan...