News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stipulations for owning a Wingcar?

Started by 500Jon, November 25, 2015, 06:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

500Jon

Hi AeroFolks,

I heard it alot over the years, ''Who has the right to own a Wingcar?'' :scratchchin:
Well back in 1969 and 1970, I suppose anyone who had $4000...

How many original owners were ONE-CAR families?
How many were PURE investment buyers only?

As another Birdy nears its 20 year resto here in the UK, how will it be received?
'John' the owner, has had a Birdy before so I suppose he has a right of ownership...
One if the few remaining in LimeyLand!

What about the lotto winner who knows nothing about Wingcar history, how would we feel if he buys a restored Birdy,,, just cos he can!!! :popcrn:

These guys didn't care about taste and originality, they just did their OWN-THING!!! :horse: :horse: :horse:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

b5blue

That pic makes my brain hurt. All I can think of is "Super Chicken." You'll see it at the first few seconds of this cartoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKss2pBYQ6Y

wingcar

Quote from: 500Jon on November 25, 2015, 06:07:46 AM
Hi AeroFolks,

I heard it alot over the years, ''Who has the right to own a Wingcar?'' :scratchchin:
Well back in 1969 and 1970, I suppose anyone who had $4000...

What about the lotto winner who knows nothing about Wingcar history, how would we feel if he buys a restored Birdy,,, just cos he can!!! :popcrn:

"The RIGHT to own a Wingcar?  Anyone that can afford the asking price has the "right".....anybody that would udder such a phase is an idiot.  While, I would like to see all muscle cars in the hands of owners that truly appreciate them....that's not how the real world works.  Money talks...just look at what people pay for cars at the various auto auction's.   Many of those buying these cars wouldn't give them a second look if they were not worth they are today....
As for the lotto winner that buys a wingcar.....it's his money to do with what he wants.  I have no problem with it. 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

Who has the "right" to own anything?  If you have the money, you have the privilege.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

500Jon

When all the Wingcars are owned by rich Millionaero's, who may or may not have the 'RIGHT' to own them, we can start the Rebellion!!! :2thumbs:

odcics2

Quote from: 500Jon on November 26, 2015, 06:32:22 AM
When all the Wingcars are owned by rich Millionaero's, who may or may not have the 'RIGHT' to own them, we can start the Rebellion!!! :2thumbs:

Nice 500!

I like the T/A  "fender scoops" ! 

Obviously, for tire clearance!   :smilielol: 
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Aero426

The price to own one of these cars is not likely to be sustainable over the coming decades.   As the boomers age out, there will be more and more cars available.    Those young enough and willing to wait it out will have their chance.   

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on November 26, 2015, 12:26:15 PM
The price to own one of these cars is not likely to be sustainable over the coming decades.   As the boomers age out, there will be more and more cars available.    Those young enough and willing to wait it out will have their chance.   

If they want them...   That's the big question!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

boss429kiwi

"who has the right".................................Do you guys live in the USA or North Korea? Everyone has the right!
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

69_500

Quote from: odcics2 on November 26, 2015, 12:38:00 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on November 26, 2015, 12:26:15 PM

If they want them...   That's the big question!

Believe me there are at least a few of us in the younger generations that want one, and that are definitely waiting to own one.

500Jon

Its a strange thing owning a rare car, it can make you enemies, even of your best friends!
They say stuff like, ''what right do you have to own such a rare car''?
Then I find myself explaining my 35 year history of owning and restoring Mopars.(why, I don't have to?)
Then I see guys with untold wealth buying the cars I love and cherish and just hiking the prices!

But I'm just a poor Limey with no job and love of Wingcars...What right do I have to own a WingCAR???
But thanks to a wonderful friend who sold me his 'dream car' I now have the rarest of the rare, C500 4-speed.

I probably would have owned and sold my Wingcars by now if things had been different?
Most of us were around when Wingcars were dumped on the side of the road for Hicks to fire pellets at!
Those days have gone and all we have left is missed chances and maybe regrets?

For you guys with the Wingcars and/or the money to buy one, its not a problem...
For the rest who don't have one or will never get one, I FEEL FOR YOU!!! :pity:

Some things are just not meant to be... :shruggy:

But on a brighter note, they are still out there...you just gotta looksee and pray... :angelwing:

xx29

Quote from: 500Jon on November 27, 2015, 05:32:16 AM
Its a strange thing owning a rare car, it can make you enemies, even of your best friends!
They say stuff like, ''what right do you have to own such a rare car''?
Then I find myself explaining my 35 year history of owning and restoring Mopars.(why, I don't have to?)
Then I see guys with untold wealth buying the cars I love and cherish and just hiking the prices!

But I'm just a poor Limey with no job and love of Wingcars...What right do I have to own a WingCAR???
But thanks to a wonderful friend who sold me his 'dream car' I now have the rarest of the rare, C500 4-speed.

I probably would have owned and sold my Wingcars by now if things had been different?
Most of us were around when Wingcars were dumped on the side of the road for Hicks to fire pellets at!
Those days have gone and all we have left is missed chances and maybe regrets?

Today you almost have to be a "millionaire" to be able to buy a 500....so there you go

For you guys with the Wingcars and/or the money to buy one, its not a problem...
For the rest who don't have one or will never get one, I FEEL FOR YOU!!! :pity:

Some things are just not meant to be... :shruggy:

But on a brighter note, they are still out there...you just gotta looksee and pray... :angelwing:

69 DAYTONA

...in 35 years of ownership of various winged cars, I have never had anyone ask if I had "the right" to own one, LOL

xx29

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on November 28, 2015, 09:40:10 PM
...in 35 years of ownership of various winged cars, I have never had anyone ask if I had "the right" to own one, LOL
Just 'cos you got the power(money), doesn't mean you have the right...Motorhead

skip68

You have only as much rights as your wallet and or credit will allow you.    :Twocents: 
That goes for anything one might desire.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

500Jon

Money is POWER, so therefore Hemi WINGCARS are...

Ultimate DOMINATION, especially at DegaBIRD and err, DAYTONA...
Well at least till they got banned!!!

Just think if they hadn't been banned, then Ford and Chevy would have have to build something TOO?
Saab had a go but as we see from the first pictures, went like a scalded cat but looked like POO!

At least you can get your Golf Clubs in the back of a Daytona/C500.
That Chev Chaparral is taking it too far methinks? :smilielol:

crj1968

Everyone has the right, just not the money or perhaps the opportunity.

500Jon

Well Said crj1968 (or is that crj1970?)lol.

Except for Chevy and Ford guys??? :slap:

SaaB excepted too... :scratchchin:

crj1968

Quote from: 500Jon on November 30, 2015, 11:30:28 AM
(or is that crj1970?)lol.

Well I have really wanted a 68 because it's my birth-year, but the only Chargers I have had the opportunity (right?)  ;)  to own have been 70's.  Except for all the sub $3000 ones I passed up in the 80's because you know, they of course, had dents and stuff and weren't six packs, etc...    :rotz:

moparstuart

you have the right   ,  oh to adopt me too   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

held1823

Quote from: moparstuart on November 30, 2015, 04:04:05 PM

oh hell no
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on November 30, 2015, 10:37:20 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 30, 2015, 04:04:05 PM

oh hell no
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  always spoiling my plans   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona Guy

For me anyone has the right as long as it is lawful. I'm not much into managing peoples motives or impose my opinion (self imposed) upon a free market.

Dane

500Jon

Well said Dane!

Anyone can own a Wingcar who has the funds to buy one! :cheers:
We all like to think we or they deserve it in some way?
Through hard work and life long determination...
I thank Mother Mopar for building and selling nearly 2500 Wingcars back in the day! :2thumbs:

A Wingcar is not for everyone, in fact only for the few.
Even in the Highlight era of Mopars in Nascar, Wingcars were very very RARE! :patriot:

God bless everyone who owns one and have a wonderful Christmas, drive them while you can!!! :drive: