News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stipulations for owning a Wingcar?

Started by 500Jon, November 25, 2015, 06:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehemikid

As said,  every one has the Right.  Under that heading though, there seems to be several variables, and not sure if I'm thinking of them all.

For example, Desire, Opportunity, & Financially.  All three ducks would not necessarily need to be in a row to "acquire" one (eg. to inherit,... gives one the Right, without Desire or Finance) but usually the norm.  And one does not necessarily rule over the other two for obvious reasons.

And a Side note though: Desire may be split up in two facets, one may desire for the sake of true love the other a trophy or a flip. Which could effect the opportunity, depending on the seller. I know one example where the seller did not like the home it would go to, and quenched that opportunity for the buyer though he had the Finances, and Desire.

But reading your subject line again, your "owning" seems more "present tense", than Acquiring, and will give that some thought latter,... at the moment an empty stomach has raised my Desire  towards more important issues.  :lol:

A383Wing

Why do there have to be "Stipulations" to own a wing car? Who decided this?

ws23rt

Quote from: thehemikid on December 02, 2015, 04:41:58 PM
As said,  every one has the Right.  Under that heading though, there seems to be several variables, and not sure if I'm thinking of them all.

For example, Desire, Opportunity, & Financially.  All three ducks would not necessarily need to be in a row to "acquire" one (eg. to inherit,... gives one the Right, without Desire or Finance) but usually the norm.  And one does not necessarily rule over the other two for obvious reasons.

And a Side note though: Desire may be split up in two facets, one may desire for the sake of true love the other a trophy or a flip. Which could effect the opportunity, depending on the seller. I know one example where the seller did not like the home it would go to, and quenched that opportunity for the buyer though he had the Finances, and Desire.

But reading your subject line again, your "owning" seems more "present tense", than Acquiring, and will give that some thought latter,... at the moment an empty stomach has raised my Desire  towards more important issues.  :lol:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:  I'm guessing the word "Stipulations"  in the title of this thread may have moved the comments in an unanticipated direction.  :shruggy:

However ---as the title asks ---I have my opinion :lol:   Desire and means is all it takes to play on this play ground. :cheers:

To suggest or imply that their is exclusivity on this play ground feels as wrong as taking lunch money from those that don't deserve to eat. :icon_smile_wink:

cdr

If I wrote what i thought they would send me to Dodge Charger .com JAIL.    :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

boss429kiwi

The stipulation for owning a Wingcar?.........its called testosterone  :icon_smile_big:
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

500Jon

Sometimes when you have the money the seller won't sell to you.
He/she feels you are not a suitable future owner maybe?
You cannot force them to sell to you and offering more money makes the situation worse...
They feel you don't fit the required parameters for ownership.
Therefore they have the 'right' not to sell??? :popcrn:

Unless maybe its a EBAY sale, that is a legal binding contract, sort of?
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

WINGMAN

I have always told myself that if and when I try to sell my Daytona and that if a potential buyer  starts to run down the car or offers less I will just tell them to leave and not come back  , the car is NOT for sale to them at any price. :Twocents: (Wingman)   Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on December 03, 2015, 05:51:33 AM
  I have always told myself that if and when I try to sell my Daytona and that if a potential buyer  starts to run down the car or offers less I will just tell them to leave and not come back  , the car is NOT for sale to them at any price. :Twocents: (Wingman)   Jay.
you cant sell my car   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingcar

I would say that back in the day you had to have a real genuine appreciation of the cars and what they represented as you stood out like a sore thumb and a lot of people would just point and laugh at you.  Back then they were just funny looking cars with little thought given to their preservation and future value.   You could find them on the back row of used car lots next to the other performance cars of the period.  Few wanted them and still fewer appreciated their place in history.  (Unless of course you were a huge NASCAR fan at the time).   I know because I was one of those that endured the laugher and the "your car has got to be the ugliest car on the road" commits.  (Some, even today would still say that the statement is true).   Being a pilot I perhaps had a better understanding of what the car was all about back then....plus it was cool to drive into the airport with a car that sported a rear wing almost as big as the airplane I was about to fly.

Most back in the day wanted nothing to do with the Wingcars.  And, these are the same people that today are paying huge amounts of dead presidents to own the same car they themselves laughed at back then.   Today the cars have become investments to be locked in a garage and safe guarded...but not enjoyed (unless your main enjoyment of ownership is "wax on, wax off" and not actually driving the car).   Today it's all about the money and not the joy one gets from hitting the road in your pride and joy.  I am glad I was one of those that actually got to enjoy the experience of true ownership and added many miles to the odometer of one Hemi Superbird back in the day......

I made memories with my Wingcar, not dollars......  :Twocents:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

boss429kiwi

I have found many will not sell to international buyers.
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

Hemi Runner

Quote from: boss429kiwi on December 02, 2015, 08:23:30 PM

The stipulation for owning a Wingcar?.........its called testosterone  :icon_smile_big:

I thought the only stipulation for owning one of these was a 6 figure bank account? :shruggy:

thehemikid

Not if you bought it over 30 yrs ago for a very low 4 digits...

...& turn down 6 digits because your not in it for the money.

graybo

I feel that I have earned the "RIGHT" to own a superbird.   At 12 years old I watched everyday as My Dad drove by an open field with a mean old bastard owner of a red superbird that would not sell or talk to anyone..... The car rotted to nothing and was junked!!!  I loved that car as a kid and that is the car that I wanted.   Been a MOPAR guy all my life and never have been rich but God and my father blessed me with skills.  I've owned every model of Chrysler from Barracuda to Volare. (That was the best I could do from A to Z).  Soooo.... at 46 years old I figured I still want one but can't afford one, so I built one.   Junk yard Roadrunner to stunning bird in 2 1/2 years.   35,000.00 invested and I couldn't tell you the man hours invested.  So Yeah I got the "Right" and so does anyone else whoe loves cool cars.  :cheers:

Daytona Guy

There are no stipulations for owning a Wing Car. As soon as someone lists one, I will say who made you God? To many times people get uptight over things that matter little. I don't have to, nor should someone else, have to meet someone else's stipulations to justify owning a wing car. :)

Dane

A383Wing

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 04, 2015, 10:09:49 PM
There are no stipulations for owning a Wing Car. As soon as someone lists one, I will say who made you God? To many time people get uptight over things that matter little. I don't have to, nor should someone else, have to meet someone else's stipulations to justify owning a wing car. :)

Dane

:iagree:  Which is why I asked a while back why did the OP decide there has to be stipulations?

Daytona Guy

What's an OP? Sorry for my ingnorance.

skip68

OP is original poster.     :cheers:
Beautiful cars guys.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Daytona Guy

I'm not so sure he is stating there has to be stipulations, but should there be? Or, are there? With the intended "No" there are no stipulations. Just my spin

Dane

thehemikid

I can think of one stipulation that usually has to be met... & I've had quite a few in my life...

....being at the right place at the right time.

500Jon

OP was only making an observation!
I have heard these comments many times from other American car owners.
It is not directed solely at Wingcars but all rare cars and other collectibles.

Folks who can't afford or don't understand Nascars and factory built Drag-cars are amused by their high prices.
They can only see two doors, four wheels with a pointy nose and clothes rack on the back!
Aero Warriors are cars of legend and sometimes ridicule, for their unusual appearance (unfortunately).
My hat is removed to all the true Wingcar Folks who have suffered the slings and arrows of mockery! :pity:
It is not the job of a Wingcar owner to educate the stone throwing FOOL!!! :slap:

Will films like Fast and Furious help the Wingcar in its future development or make them look even more ridiculous?
OP has an Aero car, so I don't need educating, we Limeys invented banked tracks and aerodynamics.
We just weren't outrageous enough to invent Wingcars lol...
5J

500Jon

Limey Aerocar, not quite right??? :slap:

thehemikid

It's got a pointy nose though.   I see they're using period eye protection but me thinks they could use some ear protection of any era. That exhaust has to be a brute .

Ghoste

thehemikid

...and keeping with the aero theme,....rotated their brims to the rear

500Jon

Would have been real fast if they had fitted a WING and cured the misfire on number 1 cylinder!