News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

small ground wire.... where does it go?

Started by Monziac, December 12, 2015, 04:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monziac

I had this ground wire in the bag labeled "Steering Column". For the life of me I don't know where it goes. About 3" in length. 68 Charger.  Thanks, Jon

Monziac

Kern Dog

It does go on the steering column. There are two studs welded to the dash frame that supports the column. Once the column is in position, that ground wire attaches to the stud and to the steering column and acts as a bridge to ground the steering column. This is needed since the plastic spacer capsules effectively isolate the column from grounding.

Monziac

Ahhh ok, thanks! I took it apart 3 years ago and I wanted it back where it was supposed to be. Thanks much! Jon

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Monziac

John, that's really helpful.  Now I don't have to guess where it goes.  Thanks for that! 

Thanks,
Jon

Kern Dog

Monziac

Haha, I didn't realize it was a contest! I appreciate your response too! John included pictures though...... LOL!  :cheers:

Kern Dog

HeavyFuel