News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Inbox outbox?

Started by cavemanno1, December 16, 2015, 02:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Why do we have a small amount of space for inbox when we have an unlimited space for outbox?
I have to keep deleting PMs in my inbox because it's always getting full but i never had to delete anything from my outbox?

Can't you swap them around and make us delete the outbox PMs?

Thanks,

Peter

Troy

By default, outgoing messages don't get saved so *usually* they don't affect any server resources. While a member can save all outgoing messages, most don't. As mentioned elsewhere, the server only has so many resources and since the site's main function is as a forum then we can't sacrifice forum capabilities for private messaging. But keep paying attention because it may change soon.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

303 Mopar

It maybe just me, but I've noticed that if I do not check the box to save my sent messages, they are not always sent.  Not just in this forum, but others as well.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Troy

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 16, 2015, 05:09:36 PM
It maybe just me, but I've noticed that if I do not check the box to save my sent messages, they are not always sent.  Not just in this forum, but others as well.
They should always be sent whether the box gets checked or not. The difference is whether you will see them again. And just because you sent a PM on the site doesn't mean the recipient got an actual email. The PM should be visible in their Inbox here on the site though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

cavemanno1

Thanks Troy!

I have never clicked on to have my sent Pms saved but they are all there since 2010  :shruggy: 27 pages of them!
Well,it is what it is!

Thank you!