News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door Panel - Upper Metal Trim Piece (1970)

Started by CRW-FK5, December 20, 2015, 03:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRW-FK5

I'm replacing the door panels in my '70 Charger and noticed when pulling the old ones off that there is nothing clipping the upper part to the door.  Sides and lower are secured by clips.  I seem to recall on a '70 I owned 30+ years ago that there was a full length metal piece that screwed into the door just above the panel that served as a guide and retention for the lower panel.  Mine, obviously, does not have these, probably from previous owner removing.  I noticed there are slots in the door panel in this area for something.  Can anyone confirm this piece is supposed to be there and, if so, where could I get replacements?  Thanks.

CRW-FK5

Here is a picture of the location where I believe the full length metal piece should go.  There were no screws in the slots directly below the upper panel, as shown in the picture.

b5blue

There is a u shaped trim strip that fits there. It holds the top of the door panel. Try a search for 70 Charger upper door trim on eBay, they come up for sale all the time. Post in the parts wanted section also.  :2thumbs:

b5blue