News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One for the DOH Mob !! Original , WB General Lee Hood !

Started by tan top, December 23, 2015, 09:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JB400

cbrestorations

wow...hes really shooting for he moon on this thing, just a couple months ago there was a general lee camera car on ebay and sold for 10k, so trying to get $4500 for a hood... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: good luck. hell i need to go back to missouri and pick up the general lee roof i found and shoot for 10k lol

Kern Dog

$4500 and this assclown can't figure a way to ship it?

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Mike DC

Quotewow...hes really shooting for he moon on this thing, just a couple months ago there was a general lee camera car on ebay and sold for 10k, so trying to get $4500 for a hood

Old DOH TV series stuff  >  Modern DOH movies stuff.  

This is a TV series part.  

And it's one from Warner Bros' original sell-off in 1989.  That means it got out unchanged from filming condition with screen-used paint and WB officially recognizes that it's legit.

JB400

The guy who has Lee 1's front valance is asking 4,500 euros for it.

Ghoste

What do you feel its worth Mike?  (and other old guard DOH folk)

Mike DC

Hard to know.  Most of these old TV series cars & parts have stayed with the same owners for many years.  And the parts are in a wide range of conditions.

IMO the value of that hood would probably be at least a couple thousand.  I wouldn't let it go for less.  

jaak

4500  :o Dang thats more than what I paid for the Charger I'm using for my GL project.

Mike DC

This hood isn't an old car part.  It's a rare collectible.  (It's rare, and it's collectible.)

If you were selling a 100yo baseball signed by Babe Ruth, would you list it under "used sports equipment" next to a dozen other dirty $1 used baseballs? 

skip68

I'd probably pay $3,000-$4,000 for it.   Think about it.  It's from a real General Lee from the tv show.  How many guys have one?
:shruggy:  
All the years of guys asking about the real paint color and you have it.  That in itself is cool.   I don't think he's out of line price wise at all.    :Twocents:
But then again, I'm old and watched it When I was 10 and dreamed about the General Lee constantly and built my own as an adult.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

I'm going to disagree.  I think it's half that, even with the certificate.  Outside of the certificate, no one would know what it is.  If it was a door or roof skin with the lettering, I could see where it might be worth that asking price, because it would be recognizable as part of a GL.  If he wants that asking price, he needs to have it autographed.

Mike DC

Meh.  Autographs aren't really increasing the value in my book.  The DOH cast have autographed countless body panels in the last 15 years.  

I don't think I would pay $4500 for it, but it's worth something in the thousands IMO.  

skip68

I agree with Mike, Dammit.   :brickwall:  I love the cast but I think the General Lee is the biggest cast member if you will today.   JB, do you remember the show as a kid when it originally aired?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

For someone that was born in '83, I can honestly say yes.  I can remember seeing a flying orange car with a blue x on the roof and 10 on the side. Yes, I typed it correctly. At the time, I was still learning my numbers and clearly recognized that the number 10 consisted of a 1 and a 0.  It wasn't until later on, that I learned the numbers had to be in the right order.  So, yes, I know that it should be 01. :icon_smile_wink:

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 25, 2015, 03:03:26 AM

Meh.  Autographs aren't really increasing the value in my book.  The DOH cast have autographed countless body panels in the last 15 years.  

I don't think I would pay $4500 for it, but it's worth something in the thousands IMO.  
True, but how many screen used tv parts have been signed?

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

The problem with large parts are that they are difficult to store. Think about in your own home, where would you display this  :shruggy:

I used to have a large hood in my garage on the back wall. I hung it to the wall with heavy chains, and it looked great. But I decided I wanted $600 in my pocket, more than a hood on my wall. And then hung a more meaningful banner its place.  :Twocents:

HPT BANDIT

Quote from: JB400 on December 25, 2015, 03:27:49 AM
For someone that was born in '83, I can honestly say yes.  I can remember seeing a flying orange car with a blue x on the roof and 10 on the side. Yes, I typed it correctly. At the time, I was still learning my numbers and clearly recognized that the number 10 consisted of a 1 and a 0.  It wasn't until later on, that I learned the numbers had to be in the right order.

Im guilty to. I drew several GLs on my bedroom wall with "10" when i was a kid.

Mr. Lee

Quote from: JB400 on December 24, 2015, 01:05:19 PM
The guy who has Lee 1's front valance is asking 4,500 euros for it.

I happen to be that guy  :icon_smile_big:

Like said here above there is a huge difference between Original series used parts and original 2005 Movie used parts; series used parts is what they call it "the holy grail" for a DOH fan and are more rare to get as the Movie parts. As this hood is documented by WB it's a documented Original part and I think it's word about that amount.

I'm asking more for my Original LEE1 front Valance because that's an even better part to have. It is an Original piece of the first General Lee ever and it has all the Original colors on it. This Original front Valance has all LEE1's color history on it; it has the Original T3 bronse color, the Original General Lee orange color and the bluish/green color from when the car was used as "the wrecked Richard Petty racecar" in the 4th episode from DOH "Repoman".  You can see the holes where the pushbar went true after it jumped Rosco's policecar, and it has been signed by John Schneider, the actor who played Bo Duke!

So If you are a Dukes Of Hazzard fan this Original hood and my Original LEE1 front valance are a rare opportunity to own such a great peace of tv-history!

lukedukem

That pic above makes me want to go watch that episode again

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Lord Warlock

Would think it would have to remain as is to have any value, and that rules it out as a replacement part, unless you've got a banged up jump car and don't care about dents and scratches.  Only way I see it being of value is as wall art.  I wouldn't want to put it on a car then want to repaint the car, even if the hood was on DOH. 

But DOH fans have the right to be fanatical about their show just like anyone else. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

skip68

Original untouched condition is where the value is.  I think the piece Mr Lee has is worth more than that hood.   :Twocents: 
I'd love to have it on my wall.   :drool5:

Mike DC

The only times it is right to restore/repaint a screen-used part is when its original onscreen look is already long gone, or it is decaying. 

("Decaying" means we're rapidly losing it.  It does not mean "it was scuffed & worn and the current owner likes his stuff looking brand new.")

cbrestorations

the only real valuable parts of a real general lee to me would be the doors and roof skin, those are the only recognizable parts of the general. the hood, valance and whatever else body parts dont jump out at people and instantly think of the general lee, you would have to explain to someone it was a real part off one of the cars. 4500 for a hood is ridiculous and the guy who has lee1's valance is a ridiculous price aswell. 

this roof is available for only $1000 and its a real lee roof, anyone could look at it close and see it was a fadded roof from a general, if you stare at a hood and a valance you will see an orange hood and an beat up valance.   

Mike DC

Quotethe only real valuable parts of a real general lee to me would be the doors and roof skin, those are the only recognizable parts of the general. the hood, valance and whatever else body parts dont jump out at people and instantly think of the general lee, you would have to explain to someone it was a real part off one of the cars. 4500 for a hood is ridiculous and the guy who has lee1's valance is a ridiculous price aswell. 

this roof is available for only $1000 and its a real lee roof, anyone could look at it close and see it was a fadded roof from a general, if you stare at a hood and a valance you will see an orange hood and an beat up valance.   

When I stare at that roof, I see GL lettering/etc in visibly wrong places to be a real one.   Just because the real ones weren't all alike that does not mean any variation is possible.

No thanks.  I'd rather have the WB-legit hood or the LEE-1 valance if I was spending $1000+ bucks. 

cbrestorations

if the hood and valance were only 1k each then yea...but 4500  :smilielol:  ide rather spend 4500 on a wrecked charger, paint it like the general lee and park it in the lawn

Mike DC

My neighbor would say the same thing about spending $35k on a restored Charger.  "No thanks, I'd rather have a nicer house/vacation/etc!"  Different strokes for different folks. 

cbrestorations

very true...ide rather have a small house that is over thrown by the shop behind it, a wrecked general lee out front with as many hoopty chargers spread around the property that i can pick one at a time to work on and a go-kart track for me and all my buddies to play on  :coolgleamA:

Brock Lee

Some people buy the parts to install on their clones. There is this idea that it adds something "special" to their clone. I myself have a number of screen used parts on my Lee, but I serious doubt it adds any dollar value.

I too suffer from some of the quirks. One would shake their head in disbelief if they knew how much time I invested in finding one of these originals stickers. And they never even appeared on the show! It just gave the car a touch of California..and lets face reality, the GL is a Californian.

Ghoste

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 29, 2015, 11:11:43 AM

My neighbor would say the same thing about spending $35k on a restored Charger.  "No thanks, I'd rather have a nicer house/vacation/etc!"  Different strokes for different folks. 

There it is right there. :yesnod: