News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA NOSE INSTALL, STINGER

Started by daytonalo, April 08, 2006, 02:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

WELL MOVING AHEAD, SOMEWHAT ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS A MATTER OF BOLT A NOSE AND WING AND YOUR DONE WAKE THE F- UP . I WORK ON THIS CAR 60 HRS A WEEK AND IT FEELS LIKE THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH TIME . OK THIS IS A STINGER NOSE THAT IN NO WAY HAS THE SAME COUNTOUR AS MY FRONT CLIP , THEREFORE I HAD TO CUT THE NOSE ON THE SIDES AND SPREAD IT OUT TO LINE UP WITH FENDERS , THEN REGLASS IT . I MADE A FIXTURE THAT LOCKS INTO THE NOSE AND HAS A PIN TO FIT IN MY FLOORJACK . I TOOK MIKE G ADVICE AND ELIMINATED THE FENDER TO NOSE SEALS IN FAVOR OF A 3/16 GAP INSTEAD . LARRY

daytonalo

MORE PIX

Howie

That is a lot of work but in the end it will be worth it. I like the enginuity on the lifting fixture. Thanks for posting the pictures.
                                                                                                                                                            Howard

Beep Beep Dave

Great pics! Keep up the good work!!!

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Troy

I am continually amazed at the work you're doing. I sincerely hope that others appreciate your ideas and instructions. I doubt that I'll ever tackle a project like that but I love the pictures and watching the progress.

:thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

daytonalo

THANK YOU TROY , I JUST WANT TO HELP IN ANY WAY , AND SHARE SOME OF THE SHORTCUTS AND HOPEFULLY THE NEXT GUY WILL HAVE IT EASIER . I WENT INTO THIS PROJECT NOT KNOWING A THING , BUT WITH THE HELP OF THIS BOARD[ THANKS TROY ] I HAVE PICKED UP MANY USEFULL TIPS . I WANT TO THANK DANE , MIKE G , DAVE B , LARRY [ HOT-ROD , AND RENE FOR SHARING GREAT INFO AND PUTTING ME ON MY WAY !  LARRY

dads_69

Again, thanks for the photos. They will be very helpfull in my clone build real soon. I hope to be were you are with nose fitment by mid summer and cross my fingers that I'll maybe, just maybe have the hole car in primer before winter if not painted.
Awesome work your doing Larry.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo

THANK YOU , I NEED TO WALK AWAY FROM THIS PROJECT FOR A WHILE I'M LOSING MY MIND !

nakita7

chargervert

Hey Daytonalo,your labor is really starting to pay off! It really looks like it is coming together! I give you kudos,for showing these guys that a functional,and affordable Daytona can be achieved,if you want to put the effort in to making all the parts work together! As far as the nosecone not fitting the fenders,some of the other vendors that make the cones,the fit is much better,but they also cost more money!Nice work!

BigBlockSam

nice! it's looking great. thats alot of work. i like the wood craddle you made to install it. very cool and impressive. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

I HAD TO GO WITH A STINGER NOSE , THEY ARE THEY ONLY COMPANY MAKING PARTS RIGHT NOW . I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A JANEK NOSE NOSE HE TOLD ME AROUND 8 MONTHS AND IF I WANTED IT IN A MONTH ADD 4500 ON TOP OF 7500 !, F - THAT. IF MIKE DESIDES TO LAY UP MORE PARTS I WILL BUY FROM HIM , HE HAS GONE OUT OF HIS WAY AND I THINK HE LIKED  OF MY IDEAS UNLIKE THE OTHER GUY WHO SPEAKS TO YOU LIKE YOUR A JACKASS[ SORRY DAVE ] BUT TALK TO HIM FOR FIVE MINUTES AND HE MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE ONE OF JERRY'S KIDS ! I MAY BE NEW TO BUILDING A DAYTONA BUT HAVE COMPLETED FAR MORE DIFFICULT PROJECTS IN THE PAST  LARRY

chargervert

Hey Daytonalo,I think you have done a great job,working with the parts you had,and making them work! Mike,Gary,and myself,have always tried to help you guys out,sometimes my comments are not well recived,but I am trying to steer people in the right direction,I have done this both ways,and I am just trying to save you guys some greif. Thats why when I say this part will work,and that part won't,I'm not just blowin smoke! As far as that other vendor you speak of,I have had my problems with him,but I said that I would let it go,and I have,but atleast people are finding out its not just me! Your car is really coming along!

Daytona313

Great work!

I would love to see photos of what you built to open the head light doors. I know you used GTO actuators but I'd love to see what holds the doors.

hemi68charger

Excellent !!! very nice work !!!!!!!

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

Nice work Larry your making considerable progress from where you where before
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

THANKS DAVE , STOP OVER I'M IN THE GARAGE EVERY NIGHT UNTIL 3 AM !

Old Moparz

Okay, I'll get on the band wagon for the ride. Thanks a ton for posting the photos, & like others have said, I love the wooden cradle you made to mount the cone. I haven't been far enough along in thought to wonder how I'd position it, but it looks like I'll be putting my carpentry skills to work & make a cradle like yours. I think I may even start to back up all the photos on this forum to a disc so I know they won't go anywhere.

If I wasn't able to get the Janek nose I have from someone who bailed out on their project, I'd probably would've went with the Stinger last year. Hopefully you will get your fitment problem taken care of, & I hope I don't run into a similar issue with mine. Knowing what can go wrong is good because discovering surprises that aren't welcome always suck. If you have an idea of what to expect going into it, it's not as tough to tackle.

When I posted about the troubles I went through to get a repro Cuda grille, I was hoping to let people know what they can expect if they ordered one. The same guy is doing Charger grilles, so I would expect to see people posting in the future about how the grille is broken, how it took months & months to get, etc. Anytime someone can post negative & positive info on the forum it can only help out in the end, even if it alerts the next person to what they can expect.

Thanks again, Bob
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

daytonalo

DON'T GET ME WRONG ,I'M HAPPY WITH THE STINGER KIT , I THINK ANY KIT WILL NEED SLIGHT CONTOURING TO MAKE PERFECT. I DID FIBERGLASS WORK FOR TEN YEARS SO ITS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL .    LARRY

nascarxx29

Its working out for you .As your talented with projects

70daytonaclone

OK wow thats nice work. I was wondering if these parts come with any kind of assembly directions? anything ? I am considering a Stinger kit myself but haven't found enough "How To" material yet.. Nice job, any before body work photos? Stephen

daytonalo

GOOD LUCK I RE-ENGINERED THE WHOLE KIT , GO LOOK AT MY POSTS IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS  TO SEE WHAT I WENT THROUGH . I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO ASSEMBLE THE STINGER NOSE BY A FEW GUY'S , AND I MIGHT DO THAT FOR AROUND 2500 . AS FAR AS WHAT YOU GET WITH STINGER KIT , YOU IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE HEADLIGHTS WORK AS ORIG OR HANG THE NOSE ON THE SUPPLIED FIBERGLASS Z BRACKETS . WHEN YOU GIVE UP LET ME KNOW .   LARRY

nascarxx29

I hope it all works out for you with the stinger parts .As you remember another vendor friend of mine a  professional  engine builder .Had you waiting.You could have went elsewhere .But you choose to stay with his well known reputation in his field .And you netted a 2nd place trophy in a championship off shore boat race.Ive know and trusted my fiberglass friend close to 28 years and counting

daytonalo

DAVE , TAKE IT EASY , I'M SURE HE IS OK AS A FRIEND BUT F- THE WAIT AND PRICE AND THE  SOUTHERN MENTALITY . ALL I KNOW IS I SPENT 5 GRAND LESS , HAD IT IN A WEEK AND  BUILT MY HEMI WITH THE MONEY I SAVED . ONE THING YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER HE DIDN'T INVENT FIBERGLASS !

nascarxx29

No offense taken Larry.I know he didnt invent fiberglass but he was one of a very few.That offered these parts early on by taking molds off his own cars and parts out of just pure necessity.As there was no real market and few vendors in this area early on back in the day.As these parts are a way of business like today.And later recieved my low mileage wrecked superbird as a donor for the superbird line of parts in the 80-s.Way before the wingcar hobby went through the roof.And the parts got such in demand..He would loan me for duplication.Wingcar parts.I would take to work .And get us made for his clone.Or one of my cars.Always been good to me .As how the business runs and parts orders and distrubition prices and turn around time .I have no say in that area. I do know the stuff Ive gotten and put on certain cars.Hes worked out for me.Daytonalo you seen and rode in that original 440 4 speed daytona.That had a very early line of parts on it and still no trouble as seen below in the before retro 78 picture.And its current corrected condition.I did here in the driveway.And the materials used in today fiberglass construction is even better.Of that used years before

hemigeno

Larry,

As everyone else has said, you're doing an awesome job.  Quite frustrating as we can tell, but worth the effort when the results come out like yours has.

If nothing else, you need to patent and start selling that lifting bracket adapter!   :2thumbs:

daytonalo

GENE , I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH ARTIE YESTERDAY AND HE SAID THERE WAS A GUY NAMED GENE AND HIS RED DAYTONA WAS THE ONE ON STINGERS WEBSITE , IS THAT YOUR CAR ? IF IT IS PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO MAKE THIS KIT WORK .  LARRY

hemigeno

No, that wasn't me, unfortunately.  My car's still very much in the project stage, and is still sporting its original nose (it's never been removed).

Hopefully, I won't have to go through all the trouble you have - but judging from the pictures, I do believe your nose will probably fit better than this original one    :o

daytonalo

DAVE , IF TED WOULD JUST MAKE PARTS AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES WHY HE CANT LIKE , NO HEAT , NO TIME, I HAVE ANOTHER JOB , AND JUST MAKE PARTS WITH NO B.S LIFE WOULD BE GOOD , ASK HIM IF HE WANTS TO SELL ME THE MOLDS AND I WILL DO THIS FULL TIME ! I KNOW HIS PARTS A FIT BETTER THAN MINE BUT AS MENTIONED EARLIER I MADE THEM WORK . I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW THIS ABOUT ME BUT I HAVE TWO FRIENDS THAT ARE IN THE BOAT BUILDING BUSINESS AND I HAVE WORKED ON AND OFF FOR 20 YEARS AND I MIGHT JUST TAKE OVER THE MARKET . LARRY

daytonalo

HEY ,GUYS I JUST SWAPPED IN A SIX WAY POWER SEAT TRACK INTO MY DAYTONA CLONE FROM A 79 NEW YORKER WITH NO MODS . I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT BUT IT BOLTED RIGHT IN .  LARRY

nascarxx29

Glad to see you come as far as you have.But if you had brought that load of parts to a body shop.Or resto shop to have installed  on your car .Wouldnt the $$$ of reworking hours ad up.Its a good thing your doing all your own work and fabrication and rengineering.If stinger has a actual true daytona outfitted with his line of parts .Its a car I dont think Ive seen

daytonalo

DANE HAS A FEW ! . DAVE DO YOU NEED A HUG ?

hotrod98

The only thing keeping me from producing and selling a premium nose for less than a grand is not having a nice original nose to use to build the mold. I won't build a mold from a fiberglass copy. It's hard enough making a nice copy of an original, but it's even more difficult to make a copy of a copy and have it be worth a darn. Of course the same goes for all of the other parts as well. The guys that had access to the original parts have the upper hand in the repro daytona and superbird world for sure.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

GET A GLASS NOSE THEN REWORK IT AND USE IT AS A PLUG , THEN MAKE A MOLD FROM IT AND WILL FIT BETTER THAN ORIG ONE . I  WILL  TELLYOU ONE THING I WILL USE VINYL ESTER RESIN VS GENERAL PURPOSE SO I WILL HAVE LESS SHRINKAGE , BUT IT  ALSO COST MORE .  LARRY

Chris G.

Quote from: daytonalo on April 11, 2006, 11:07:08 AM
DANE HAS A FEW ! . DAVE DO YOU NEED A HUG ?

I think Dave does need a hug. ;) I swear, he would jump in the Volcano for Ted. Just busting 'ya Dave.  :icon_smile_big:

ps- Daytonalo, what's with the caps lock? No need to shout my man.

The car is looking great! Is it a '70 or a '69?  :thumbs:

daytonalo

I GUESS I TOOK THE SHORT BUS , LARRY

dayclona

Quote from: daytonalo on April 11, 2006, 09:11:28 AM
DAVE , IF TED WOULD JUST MAKE PARTS AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES WHY HE CANT LIKE , NO HEAT , NO TIME, I HAVE ANOTHER JOB , AND JUST MAKE PARTS WITH NO B.S LIFE WOULD BE GOOD , ASK HIM IF HE WANTS TO SELL ME THE MOLDS AND I WILL DO THIS FULL TIME ! I KNOW HIS PARTS A FIT BETTER THAN MINE BUT AS MENTIONED EARLIER I MADE THEM WORK . I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW THIS ABOUT ME BUT I HAVE TWO FRIENDS THAT ARE IN THE BOAT BUILDING BUSINESS AND I HAVE WORKED ON AND OFF FOR 20 YEARS AND I MIGHT JUST TAKE OVER THE MARKET . LARRY

Larry'
                    I'm sure everybody here has heard the "Janak stories" before, the fires, the floods, the locust, the beauty pageants,too hot, not hot enough,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,...................but keep in mind Janak does have a day job, just like the rest of us!...............winger requests can become quite burdensome after awhile,........you get burnt out real fast dealing with the wingnuts out there!............after a hard day of work, the last thing you want to think of is making  some wingcar parts, ..........I'm sure Ted started like anybody else, making parts for himself.............you know the rest............it "mushrooms", then everybody wants  you to make them parts!................the wingcar "business" is tough to "live" on, ..because generally, people are cheap!...............(who doesn't want a deal!).................I don't beat around the "bush", I'll tell you flat out, No parts for you, because, I'm busy with the customer base that I have at present,..(last time I looked, I still had 2 hands and only 24 hrs in a day)....or.......I'm busy with my own projects, or life,etc,etc,.........I think Ted is too polite to tell you this, that's why you get the excuses?...........and if "this" drives you to start a career in the "winger" business,.......... good for you!, go for it!.............just pic the "scale end" or "caliber" of parts that you want to offer?

Mike G/ DAYCLONA

BigBlockSam

hey Larry
i pretty sure the red daytona on stinger fiberglass website was Dane's old car
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

daytonalo

dayclona

Quote from: daytonalo on April 11, 2006, 10:01:46 PM
YOU FORGOT ONE , GENITAL WORT'S !

:o                              ever see the movie "silence of the lanimaters"...................................it puts the resin on its skin!

daytonalo

daytonalo

HEY MIKE , IF YOU HAVE A MINUTE CALL ME @ 609-315-2230.  LARRY

daytonalo

nascarxx29

Sounds like a venture right in your area of expertise Larry.You need to find a good mold core nose to copy off from.I wasnt refering to a clone daytona .Do you know of a real daytona that successfully is outfitted with the same line out of the box quality parts you bought from stinger.Please show me 1 if any you know of.As Ive seen many other known wingcars vendors parts on cars.And its all good .I just want to know if there is a [[[genuine daytona outfitted]]] not a replica with your manafactures line of parts.Mike G has several notable known cars in magazines and such .And Ted also has several notable customer salutes under his belt as well

hey Larry
i pretty sure the [red daytona on stinger fiberglass website was Dane's old car] .I like to see or and if know if any real a genuine XX29 daytonas are out there outfitted with stingers line of parts.Or if any of there parts were used on a genuine daytona restoration

daytonalo

WHAT IS YOUR POINT , I WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU TED MAKES A FIRST CLASS PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HE HAS A LIST OF REASONS POINTED OUT EARLIER AND I DIDN'T HAVE TEN GRAND , SO MY OPTIONS WERE SIT HOME AND MASTERBATE OR DO THE BEST WITH ANOTHER VENDOR . I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING , ONCE THIS 600 HP HEMI  DAYTONA IS DONE YOUR HOUSE WILL GET MY FIRST BURNOUT !!!!!

Howie

It took me 2 years to gather my daytona parts frome ted.  Along with every excuse instead of I am tied up with existing projects. His parts are very good its just you have to wait wait and wait some more.
                                                                                            Howard

G-Series

chargervert

Hey Howie you got off easy! It took me 5 years! I guess the service has improoved!

hotrod98

:popcrn:
I want to say something sooooo bad. But, I won't.  ;D

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Okay...I will.

Maybe Howie paid the extra "storage fee" and got your parts. ;D

Charles Addams

Howie

O.K. Maybee my 2 years turned into more like 4 or 6 since my memory came back. I started in `95 ::) and I made my final pickup christmas of  02 when I drove down to houston. I`ll remember that cause my son wasn`t even a year old. Glad he slept a lot. And that was in December :icon_smile_question:  Weather check!

Howard

daytonalo

I WONT WAIT FOR ANYTHING , AND HAVE NO TIME FOR BULLSHIT ! HERE IS THE STEPS IT TOOK ME TO RECEIVE A DAYTONA KIT .
PICK UP PHONE
DIAL NUMBER
SPEAK INTO PHONE
ONE WEEK LATER KNOCK ON DOOR
THE STORK BROUGHT ME A BRAND NEW .......... DAYTONA KIT !
SO DAVE SIMPLY PUT MY OPTIONS WERE , GET JERKED OFF FOR A FEW YEARS OR SAVE 5K MAKE IT WORK AND BUILD A HEMI WITH MY SAVINGS , OK I HAD TO THROW ANOTHER 5 K AT IT .  LARRY

nascarxx29

I think I would wait for quality part.And not the quality line of parts .Where you have to abandon useage of supplied parts like the headlight buckets and z brackets and no mounting hardware scoops

hotrod98

We admit it...we're impatient sob's. I hate waiting for anything. I hated waiting 6 months for my crate hemi to get here and then took a year to install it. As long as I'm in control...it's okay. But when others make me wait...I hate it. I think most people are like that really.

As I have said before though, I do understand that this wing car parts business is a sideline for most and that it won't be run like a regular full time company. I don't think anyone could make a living from solely selling daytona parts. These guys have regular day jobs.   
After all...a guy has to eat...and buy mopar stuff. ;D

Charles Addams

73rallye440magnum

looks like you are doing an awesome job, i'd like to tackle something like that someday as the real cars are unafforadable. (is that a word?) I'm sure it will pay off and you will feel better about it when you are roasting the tires.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

chargervert

I do not believe that is enough of a market,for anyone to do just repro wingcar parts as a full time job,but there is more interest in the cars now,than there has ever been in the past. I think Mike is right,about Ted not saying,no,I'm sorry I can't make that right now! I would have rather heard that,than to be strung along for years.I think he would be better off to do what Mike does,and take orders for parts,and when there is enough to justify doing a run of a certain part,then make them,and ship them,then you can fill the odd parts during the lag times!

daytonalo

HEY DAVE , CORRECTION , I USED THE BUCKETS NOT THE PIVOTS  AND MADE STEEL Z BRACKETS . I WILL ASSURE YOU THAT I DIDN'T USE A STORM DOOR CYLINDER BRACKET ON MY CLONE TO MAKE THE HEADLIGHTS WORK LIKE YOU DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotrod98

Larry,
Don't mean to change the subject, but every one of your mailboxes is full.
That's a lot of mail my friend.
hotrod

Charles Addams

daytonalo

I WAS UNAWARE OF A 100 MESSAGE CAP ! USE THE D.C PERSONAL MESSAGE BOARD I JUST CLEANED HOUSE .  LARRY

nascarxx29

I just havent had it necessary in my field ever to fiberglass in the headlight buckets. Where there had been a lack of mounting tabs on any jobs Ive done.Im glad to see its working out for you .I had reservations after seeing the kit .And it not being what I was used to seeing and working with.But you know what you were getting into.On this your 1st owned charger and daytona conversion .And have been able to make the needed corrections and make the needed parts .Inplace of using what was furnished.For me its a lot of reworking not my cup of tea sorry .I only had to sand and bolt together and make appearance adjustments.But I did choose not to trust a fiberglass headlight acuator to pivot bracket connection point.And did my own thing a came up  with the storm cylinder bracket..And to this day served my needs very well and undectible .And no long term troubles have come up.Along the sameline were you chose to retro fit pontiac GTO vac actuators.I didnt comdem you for that.You had a better idea..But I had no longterm fiberglass parts waiting .I had here at the house 2 fiberglass noses 1 of which went to Wet Feet Rick on this board also building a daytona ..You probably missed some of Mike G funny stuff writing you as call it as you joined this board later .That I had told you about aswell as furnishing the vega window plug and access to a real daytona and furnished extra parts from my stock to examine a real daytona.And got to ride for the first time in my customers real daytona.And the leed to the 70 charger itself your currently converting.I guess thats the kind of thanks I can expect for going out of my way to help friends out .But I have many to post saved on a cd .And will print out for you .I will bring all these compiled rants to any and all mopar events I will be attending .To further share with the mopar media and all.The following of which will be posted as there are so many sort through with and share 

daytonalo

DAVE YOU HAVE GONE OUT OF YOUR WAY TO LET ME MEASURE AND EXAMINE YOUR CAR , THANK YOU FOR THAT, I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT . LIKE I TOLD YOU 100 TIMES BEFORE IF YOU NEED TO COME OUT OF THE WEATHER , USE MY SHOP ANYTIME . DO YOU NEED A HUG ..........   LARRY

daytonalo

IF I EVER OFFENDED ANYONE THAT WAS CLEARLY NOT MY INTENSION . I POST ALL THESE POST AND PIX NOT FOR MONEY , MY HEALTH OR BECAUSE I'M BORED , I JUST WANT TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES AND ANSWERS TO SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WITH BUILDING A HEMI DAYTONA ON A BUDGET THAT WILL LOOK SMELL AND STOP TRAFFIC LIKE A 200 K ORIGINAL . LARRY

nascarxx29

You see how it is when you offer help and assistance.Just saw your repro metal wing replys

chargervert

daytonalo

I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY , UNLESS A PERSON HAS BUILT A CLONE , SIT BACK AND LISTEN

Troy

Ok, try to keep it on topic this time...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

genlee1970

So.....some of the major players have been taken out of the game.....how are they supposed to keep it on topic if they can't log on. Is NASCARXX on the bench as well? If so, is this only a "benching" or an all out ban?  Thanks.      Al         

daytonalo

NOBODY IS BANNED , I THINK THEY ALL WENT TO SEE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN !

hotrod98

Larry,
With such a small grille opening, why didn't dodge leave an opening in the valance area? Seems like the fan could pull more air in through there than through the grille especially at idle. To prevent air from being pulled out while moving, a small spoiler at the bottom of the core support could direct air up into the opening. Emphasis on small spoiler.
hotrod

Charles Addams

genlee1970

Quote from: daytonalo on April 14, 2006, 07:12:09 PM
NOBODY IS BANNED , I THINK THEY ALL WENT TO SEE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN !

You mean Brokeback Plastic Wingcar...or better yet maybe they went to see Ernest Builds a Wingcar, since they can't log on here ;). Know what I mean, Vern?

BigBlockSam

hey, what the f. it's not rocket science. vacuum on , vacuum off, bitch!

nascarxx29

You doing ok Larry theres alot of tech help onhand available on this board.If you need it

dads_69

Not to through your topic of course, but my question for you is. Do factory daytonas or is it easier to use 69' dart front marker turn signal light for the set up. I found a pair of them and thtottught I would ask you beofre I mod a set up for my clone.
Thanks for any help/addvice. BTW, keep the photos coming and great work also, thanks.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

hey Mark
  factory daytona's used 69 valiant parking lights . they go in the front of the z bracket, behind the grill screen. hope this helps . Rene

nascarxx29

It just my opinion but and for what its worth. I wouldnt recommend expoying the nose on as you mentioned Artie said.You did it the right way by fabbing up your own Z brackets

daytonalo

Re: New Daytona recreation parts
« Reply #13 on: Today at 03:22:12 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HEY LARRY , LET ME HELP YOU OUT WITH THE STINGER QUESTION . THERE IS NO FLANGE ON THE INSIDE TO BOLT Z- BRACKETS . IF YOU ASK ARTIE HOW ON EARTH ONE IS TO ATTACH Z -BRACKET TO NOSE AND HE WILL TELL YOU TO BOLT HIS FIBERGLASS Z-BRACKET TO CRASH BAR THEN EPOXY Z-B TO NOSE , I HUNG UP THE PHONE STUNNED BY RESPONSE SO I MADE METAL Z-B AND GLASSED HEADLIGHT BUCKET TO NOSE AND GLASSED IN A FLANGE THEN BOLTED Z-B TO NOSE .  LARRY