News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA NOSE INSTALL, STINGER

Started by daytonalo, April 08, 2006, 02:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Larry,

As everyone else has said, you're doing an awesome job.  Quite frustrating as we can tell, but worth the effort when the results come out like yours has.

If nothing else, you need to patent and start selling that lifting bracket adapter!   :2thumbs:

daytonalo

GENE , I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH ARTIE YESTERDAY AND HE SAID THERE WAS A GUY NAMED GENE AND HIS RED DAYTONA WAS THE ONE ON STINGERS WEBSITE , IS THAT YOUR CAR ? IF IT IS PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU DID TO MAKE THIS KIT WORK .  LARRY

hemigeno

No, that wasn't me, unfortunately.  My car's still very much in the project stage, and is still sporting its original nose (it's never been removed).

Hopefully, I won't have to go through all the trouble you have - but judging from the pictures, I do believe your nose will probably fit better than this original one    :o

daytonalo

DAVE , IF TED WOULD JUST MAKE PARTS AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES WHY HE CANT LIKE , NO HEAT , NO TIME, I HAVE ANOTHER JOB , AND JUST MAKE PARTS WITH NO B.S LIFE WOULD BE GOOD , ASK HIM IF HE WANTS TO SELL ME THE MOLDS AND I WILL DO THIS FULL TIME ! I KNOW HIS PARTS A FIT BETTER THAN MINE BUT AS MENTIONED EARLIER I MADE THEM WORK . I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW THIS ABOUT ME BUT I HAVE TWO FRIENDS THAT ARE IN THE BOAT BUILDING BUSINESS AND I HAVE WORKED ON AND OFF FOR 20 YEARS AND I MIGHT JUST TAKE OVER THE MARKET . LARRY

daytonalo

HEY ,GUYS I JUST SWAPPED IN A SIX WAY POWER SEAT TRACK INTO MY DAYTONA CLONE FROM A 79 NEW YORKER WITH NO MODS . I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT BUT IT BOLTED RIGHT IN .  LARRY

nascarxx29

Glad to see you come as far as you have.But if you had brought that load of parts to a body shop.Or resto shop to have installed  on your car .Wouldnt the $$$ of reworking hours ad up.Its a good thing your doing all your own work and fabrication and rengineering.If stinger has a actual true daytona outfitted with his line of parts .Its a car I dont think Ive seen
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

DANE HAS A FEW ! . DAVE DO YOU NEED A HUG ?

hotrod98

The only thing keeping me from producing and selling a premium nose for less than a grand is not having a nice original nose to use to build the mold. I won't build a mold from a fiberglass copy. It's hard enough making a nice copy of an original, but it's even more difficult to make a copy of a copy and have it be worth a darn. Of course the same goes for all of the other parts as well. The guys that had access to the original parts have the upper hand in the repro daytona and superbird world for sure.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

daytonalo

GET A GLASS NOSE THEN REWORK IT AND USE IT AS A PLUG , THEN MAKE A MOLD FROM IT AND WILL FIT BETTER THAN ORIG ONE . I  WILL  TELLYOU ONE THING I WILL USE VINYL ESTER RESIN VS GENERAL PURPOSE SO I WILL HAVE LESS SHRINKAGE , BUT IT  ALSO COST MORE .  LARRY

Chris G.

Quote from: daytonalo on April 11, 2006, 11:07:08 AM
DANE HAS A FEW ! . DAVE DO YOU NEED A HUG ?

I think Dave does need a hug. ;) I swear, he would jump in the Volcano for Ted. Just busting 'ya Dave.  :icon_smile_big:

ps- Daytonalo, what's with the caps lock? No need to shout my man.

The car is looking great! Is it a '70 or a '69?  :thumbs:

daytonalo

I GUESS I TOOK THE SHORT BUS , LARRY

dayclona

Quote from: daytonalo on April 11, 2006, 09:11:28 AM
DAVE , IF TED WOULD JUST MAKE PARTS AND STOP MAKING EXCUSES WHY HE CANT LIKE , NO HEAT , NO TIME, I HAVE ANOTHER JOB , AND JUST MAKE PARTS WITH NO B.S LIFE WOULD BE GOOD , ASK HIM IF HE WANTS TO SELL ME THE MOLDS AND I WILL DO THIS FULL TIME ! I KNOW HIS PARTS A FIT BETTER THAN MINE BUT AS MENTIONED EARLIER I MADE THEM WORK . I DON'T THINK YOU KNOW THIS ABOUT ME BUT I HAVE TWO FRIENDS THAT ARE IN THE BOAT BUILDING BUSINESS AND I HAVE WORKED ON AND OFF FOR 20 YEARS AND I MIGHT JUST TAKE OVER THE MARKET . LARRY

Larry'
                    I'm sure everybody here has heard the "Janak stories" before, the fires, the floods, the locust, the beauty pageants,too hot, not hot enough,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,...................but keep in mind Janak does have a day job, just like the rest of us!...............winger requests can become quite burdensome after awhile,........you get burnt out real fast dealing with the wingnuts out there!............after a hard day of work, the last thing you want to think of is making  some wingcar parts, ..........I'm sure Ted started like anybody else, making parts for himself.............you know the rest............it "mushrooms", then everybody wants  you to make them parts!................the wingcar "business" is tough to "live" on, ..because generally, people are cheap!...............(who doesn't want a deal!).................I don't beat around the "bush", I'll tell you flat out, No parts for you, because, I'm busy with the customer base that I have at present,..(last time I looked, I still had 2 hands and only 24 hrs in a day)....or.......I'm busy with my own projects, or life,etc,etc,.........I think Ted is too polite to tell you this, that's why you get the excuses?...........and if "this" drives you to start a career in the "winger" business,.......... good for you!, go for it!.............just pic the "scale end" or "caliber" of parts that you want to offer?

Mike G/ DAYCLONA

BigBlockSam

hey Larry
i pretty sure the red daytona on stinger fiberglass website was Dane's old car
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

dayclona

Quote from: daytonalo on April 11, 2006, 10:01:46 PM
YOU FORGOT ONE , GENITAL WORT'S !

:o                              ever see the movie "silence of the lanimaters"...................................it puts the resin on its skin!

daytonalo

daytonalo

HEY MIKE , IF YOU HAVE A MINUTE CALL ME @ 609-315-2230.  LARRY

daytonalo

nascarxx29

Sounds like a venture right in your area of expertise Larry.You need to find a good mold core nose to copy off from.I wasnt refering to a clone daytona .Do you know of a real daytona that successfully is outfitted with the same line out of the box quality parts you bought from stinger.Please show me 1 if any you know of.As Ive seen many other known wingcars vendors parts on cars.And its all good .I just want to know if there is a [[[genuine daytona outfitted]]] not a replica with your manafactures line of parts.Mike G has several notable known cars in magazines and such .And Ted also has several notable customer salutes under his belt as well

hey Larry
i pretty sure the [red daytona on stinger fiberglass website was Dane's old car] .I like to see or and if know if any real a genuine XX29 daytonas are out there outfitted with stingers line of parts.Or if any of there parts were used on a genuine daytona restoration
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

daytonalo

WHAT IS YOUR POINT , I WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU TED MAKES A FIRST CLASS PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HE HAS A LIST OF REASONS POINTED OUT EARLIER AND I DIDN'T HAVE TEN GRAND , SO MY OPTIONS WERE SIT HOME AND MASTERBATE OR DO THE BEST WITH ANOTHER VENDOR . I WILL TELL YOU ONE THING , ONCE THIS 600 HP HEMI  DAYTONA IS DONE YOUR HOUSE WILL GET MY FIRST BURNOUT !!!!!

Howie

It took me 2 years to gather my daytona parts frome ted.  Along with every excuse instead of I am tied up with existing projects. His parts are very good its just you have to wait wait and wait some more.
                                                                                            Howard

G-Series

chargervert

Hey Howie you got off easy! It took me 5 years! I guess the service has improoved!

hotrod98

:popcrn:
I want to say something sooooo bad. But, I won't.  ;D

Charles Addams

hotrod98

Okay...I will.

Maybe Howie paid the extra "storage fee" and got your parts. ;D

Charles Addams