News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA NOSE INSTALL, STINGER

Started by daytonalo, April 08, 2006, 02:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howie

O.K. Maybee my 2 years turned into more like 4 or 6 since my memory came back. I started in `95 ::) and I made my final pickup christmas of  02 when I drove down to houston. I`ll remember that cause my son wasn`t even a year old. Glad he slept a lot. And that was in December :icon_smile_question:  Weather check!

Howard

daytonalo

I WONT WAIT FOR ANYTHING , AND HAVE NO TIME FOR BULLSHIT ! HERE IS THE STEPS IT TOOK ME TO RECEIVE A DAYTONA KIT .
PICK UP PHONE
DIAL NUMBER
SPEAK INTO PHONE
ONE WEEK LATER KNOCK ON DOOR
THE STORK BROUGHT ME A BRAND NEW .......... DAYTONA KIT !
SO DAVE SIMPLY PUT MY OPTIONS WERE , GET JERKED OFF FOR A FEW YEARS OR SAVE 5K MAKE IT WORK AND BUILD A HEMI WITH MY SAVINGS , OK I HAD TO THROW ANOTHER 5 K AT IT .  LARRY

nascarxx29

I think I would wait for quality part.And not the quality line of parts .Where you have to abandon useage of supplied parts like the headlight buckets and z brackets and no mounting hardware scoops
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

We admit it...we're impatient sob's. I hate waiting for anything. I hated waiting 6 months for my crate hemi to get here and then took a year to install it. As long as I'm in control...it's okay. But when others make me wait...I hate it. I think most people are like that really.

As I have said before though, I do understand that this wing car parts business is a sideline for most and that it won't be run like a regular full time company. I don't think anyone could make a living from solely selling daytona parts. These guys have regular day jobs.   
After all...a guy has to eat...and buy mopar stuff. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

73rallye440magnum

looks like you are doing an awesome job, i'd like to tackle something like that someday as the real cars are unafforadable. (is that a word?) I'm sure it will pay off and you will feel better about it when you are roasting the tires.
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

chargervert

I do not believe that is enough of a market,for anyone to do just repro wingcar parts as a full time job,but there is more interest in the cars now,than there has ever been in the past. I think Mike is right,about Ted not saying,no,I'm sorry I can't make that right now! I would have rather heard that,than to be strung along for years.I think he would be better off to do what Mike does,and take orders for parts,and when there is enough to justify doing a run of a certain part,then make them,and ship them,then you can fill the odd parts during the lag times!

daytonalo

HEY DAVE , CORRECTION , I USED THE BUCKETS NOT THE PIVOTS  AND MADE STEEL Z BRACKETS . I WILL ASSURE YOU THAT I DIDN'T USE A STORM DOOR CYLINDER BRACKET ON MY CLONE TO MAKE THE HEADLIGHTS WORK LIKE YOU DID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotrod98

Larry,
Don't mean to change the subject, but every one of your mailboxes is full.
That's a lot of mail my friend.
hotrod

Charles Addams

daytonalo

I WAS UNAWARE OF A 100 MESSAGE CAP ! USE THE D.C PERSONAL MESSAGE BOARD I JUST CLEANED HOUSE .  LARRY

nascarxx29

I just havent had it necessary in my field ever to fiberglass in the headlight buckets. Where there had been a lack of mounting tabs on any jobs Ive done.Im glad to see its working out for you .I had reservations after seeing the kit .And it not being what I was used to seeing and working with.But you know what you were getting into.On this your 1st owned charger and daytona conversion .And have been able to make the needed corrections and make the needed parts .Inplace of using what was furnished.For me its a lot of reworking not my cup of tea sorry .I only had to sand and bolt together and make appearance adjustments.But I did choose not to trust a fiberglass headlight acuator to pivot bracket connection point.And did my own thing a came up  with the storm cylinder bracket..And to this day served my needs very well and undectible .And no long term troubles have come up.Along the sameline were you chose to retro fit pontiac GTO vac actuators.I didnt comdem you for that.You had a better idea..But I had no longterm fiberglass parts waiting .I had here at the house 2 fiberglass noses 1 of which went to Wet Feet Rick on this board also building a daytona ..You probably missed some of Mike G funny stuff writing you as call it as you joined this board later .That I had told you about aswell as furnishing the vega window plug and access to a real daytona and furnished extra parts from my stock to examine a real daytona.And got to ride for the first time in my customers real daytona.And the leed to the 70 charger itself your currently converting.I guess thats the kind of thanks I can expect for going out of my way to help friends out .But I have many to post saved on a cd .And will print out for you .I will bring all these compiled rants to any and all mopar events I will be attending .To further share with the mopar media and all.The following of which will be posted as there are so many sort through with and share 

daytonalo

DAVE YOU HAVE GONE OUT OF YOUR WAY TO LET ME MEASURE AND EXAMINE YOUR CAR , THANK YOU FOR THAT, I REALLY APPRECIATE THAT . LIKE I TOLD YOU 100 TIMES BEFORE IF YOU NEED TO COME OUT OF THE WEATHER , USE MY SHOP ANYTIME . DO YOU NEED A HUG ..........   LARRY

daytonalo

IF I EVER OFFENDED ANYONE THAT WAS CLEARLY NOT MY INTENSION . I POST ALL THESE POST AND PIX NOT FOR MONEY , MY HEALTH OR BECAUSE I'M BORED , I JUST WANT TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES AND ANSWERS TO SOME OF THE PROBLEMS WITH BUILDING A HEMI DAYTONA ON A BUDGET THAT WILL LOOK SMELL AND STOP TRAFFIC LIKE A 200 K ORIGINAL . LARRY

nascarxx29

You see how it is when you offer help and assistance.Just saw your repro metal wing replys

chargervert

daytonalo

I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY , UNLESS A PERSON HAS BUILT A CLONE , SIT BACK AND LISTEN

Troy

Ok, try to keep it on topic this time...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

genlee1970

So.....some of the major players have been taken out of the game.....how are they supposed to keep it on topic if they can't log on. Is NASCARXX on the bench as well? If so, is this only a "benching" or an all out ban?  Thanks.      Al         

daytonalo

NOBODY IS BANNED , I THINK THEY ALL WENT TO SEE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN !

hotrod98

Larry,
With such a small grille opening, why didn't dodge leave an opening in the valance area? Seems like the fan could pull more air in through there than through the grille especially at idle. To prevent air from being pulled out while moving, a small spoiler at the bottom of the core support could direct air up into the opening. Emphasis on small spoiler.
hotrod

Charles Addams

genlee1970

Quote from: daytonalo on April 14, 2006, 07:12:09 PM
NOBODY IS BANNED , I THINK THEY ALL WENT TO SEE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN !

You mean Brokeback Plastic Wingcar...or better yet maybe they went to see Ernest Builds a Wingcar, since they can't log on here ;). Know what I mean, Vern?

BigBlockSam

hey, what the f. it's not rocket science. vacuum on , vacuum off, bitch!
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

You doing ok Larry theres alot of tech help onhand available on this board.If you need it

dads_69

Not to through your topic of course, but my question for you is. Do factory daytonas or is it easier to use 69' dart front marker turn signal light for the set up. I found a pair of them and thtottught I would ask you beofre I mod a set up for my clone.
Thanks for any help/addvice. BTW, keep the photos coming and great work also, thanks.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

daytonalo