News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Water temp sending unit

Started by J-440, December 28, 2015, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-440

I have 2 water temp sending units mounted after the t-stat.  1 is for my FAST EFI system and the other goes to a dash gauge and they are both mounted next to one another.  The FAST unit is reading correct while the other one is about 50 degrees off.  I even took it out, tested it with a heat gun and got perfect readings.  Used some thread sealant and put it back in, started the car and got the same results.  This was after 15 minutes of idling.  It came in a kit with the right gauges also.  What gives?
  One more thing, do the t-stat and radiator cap need to match?  I have a 195 stat with a 16psi cap.  Thanks again.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

polywideblock

while I know your asking about sending units
   is the 50 degree different one your dash gauge    :scratchchin:   they are notoriously inaccurate compared to aftermarket gauges  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

J-440

Sorry I forgot to mention that all the parts are aftermarket gauges.

crj1968

can you swap one gauge with the other?

J-440

Dang, note to self, always check the grounds before you ask a question on this forum.  Thanks for the quick responses. :2thumbs: