News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ignition light

Started by remta1, December 30, 2015, 04:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remta1

busy putting my motor and transmission back in.
have almost finished the wiring mostly everything unplug and replug. I am going to be running electronic ignition  Mancini..not yet connected motor is  318.

I was tidying up the wiring on an aftermarket electric water temperature  guage ..it runs power thru the stereo/cigarette lighter.With the ignition key on the red light shows on the dash ( alternator light ??)but gauges do not go ,Everything was working prevoisly to motor coming out .Put a testlight on wiring and factory glass fuse for stereo was fine .nothing from the fusion car stereo 15 amp  fuse. I pulled it out but looked fine . I then tested power at the cigarette lighter .it was fine but in the process tester probe fused itself to the cigarette lighter wall , I heard a pop from the engine bay and the smell of something burnt...great. :brickwall:

Rechecked everything and I replaced the blade fuse 30 amp that I use as my fusible link. rechecked wiring replaced the good 15 amp fuse in the stereo ..pushed the factory reset button in the stereo unit and then I had the gauge and the stereo going... :2thumbs: but now the ignition light wont go on ( it is also a new alternator )
any ideas   :shruggy: :shruggy:..as stated the car cant turnover yet but I am hoping that it is something minor.... any ideas , I am not a very good electronics guy and the wiring was sort of hashed in the first place .I will re wire the temperature guage to a better power feed etc etc.

lukedukem

I'm no electrical guru, but there are guys on this site that are great at helping troubleshoot these things, but to help them do that you will need to let us know what year the charger is. the electrical changed in different generations

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

remta1

oops sorry  69 Plymouth satellite sport  :rotz: