News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front Seat Belts - 69 Charger

Started by ChargerRT69, December 31, 2015, 02:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT69

I have read many topics on seat belts and see some have stayed original and some have converted to 3 pt retractable mount for an upgrade or security. I am on the fence and trying to decide and looking for what others have done and why? I currently have all my seat belts except for the shoulder set for the front seat. I am at the crossroads to either look to buy a set of shoulder belts (original) or upgrade to a modern version with a floor mounted retractable.

If you have a newer floor mounted retractable 3 pt setup, what brand (prefer US) and why do you like it... or why you don't like it?

Appreciate everyone's input on this one!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Voss

I bought a complete set for my -68 Charger from Bill Edwards, very good service and nicely restored original buckles. Fair price too. I am very pleased with what I got from him. Here's his e-mail:

beewagon69@yahoo.com

Lord Warlock

Bought a set from the linked thread shown above.  Haven't installed them yet, but I decided OEM shoulder belts looked messy hanging above the window, the 3 point retractable style looks cleaner to me, and will feel more normal after decades of driving cars with belts. Never used seat belts when I drove the charger last.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.