News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

classic auto air

Started by frank1966, January 02, 2016, 09:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Has anyone installed the perfect fit auto air? What does it look like in the engine bay? They told me the hoses will run through only one opening in the firewall, I have 3 openings for the AC/heat. thanks

b5blue

Same here. I hope to be installing in the next few months. I've a 70 Charger that had A/C long ago so have too many holes in all the wrong places. I'll be using panel adhesive to attach sheet steel from the inside to fill in. (Not worried about "stock" looks in any way.) Bill440RT has a topic on running new system to old vents that came out very clean.  :2thumbs:

oldcarnut

I recently installed it my non-ac 70 RR.  I post some pics when I get the chance
Hope this helps or let me know what else

fizz

I did during a full restoration (dash out) on a non ac 70 charger. Had to bend the tube from the firewall to the dryer to get a good mounting surface from for the dryer on the fender apron. Other than that, works perfect and install was easy.

oldcarnut

Mine was also a dash out and pretty easy.  I did have to send one pipe off the condenser back as it was made wrong.  Also i got a 45deg off the compressor for running better fit hose routing.  I had them send me the hoses uncrimped and longer so I could route them for my use. 

fizz

Yes, order hoses uncrimped.

oldcarnut

Also your radiator hose won't look like mine running over the compressor.  I'm running opposite lower and upper than OEM.