News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger 500 need any help with this car

Started by SWRacerX, January 07, 2016, 12:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWRacerX

Ok C5X Daytona I am trying to get this all straight in my head.
The car came out of Modesto in the 80's or 90's then XXCarguy had it, then I guess it went to Navada and then to Indio???? And this was originally the number 97 car that raced in Riverside in the 70's the became the #73 Miller car, and then became the #71 K&K Ins. Car. Am I on the right track?

b5blue

Interesting stuff! We'd love to hear how you found and acquired this car?  :2thumbs:

SWRacerX

In due time I will release that information. Just trying to wrap my head around this whole life span on this car.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: SWRacerX on January 08, 2016, 05:20:15 PM
Ok C5X Daytona I am trying to get this all straight in my head.
The car came out of Modesto in the 80's or 90's then XXCarguy had it, then I guess it went to Navada and then to Indio???? And this was originally the number 97 car that raced in Riverside in the 70's the became the #73 Miller car, and then became the #71 K&K Ins. Car. Am I on the right track?
I know the car was still in the Modesto area till the late 90s.  Maybe even into the next century.      I don't know when it went to Wyoming,   Indio around 2009

Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

djcarguy

was this tona clona the 1 in that parking lot trade for the fake Hemi Challenger ??  new chally with Hemi eng cover over a v-6  an very questionable paper work??  will try sreaching again,latter . :popcrn: :2thumbs:

djcarguy

READ     Christofer Houg Felony fraud chargers     thread this is the Miller beer bad trade for bogest hemi r/t challenger trade . 

That f6 daytona chris houg profile was active today???   why is he still a member ,or allowed on here???

What the story of repaint an current owner ,getting this car ???      :icon_smile_question:  DJ :shruggy:

djcarguy

Quote from: SWRacerX on January 08, 2016, 05:33:56 PM
In due time I will release that information. Just trying to wrap my head around this whole life span on this car.

Well your car has had a interesting life it seems..  Will you fill in some of the latest info an plans you have for your Daytona in the future??   
     maybee just paint the back pass stripe an add some race looking wheels and enjoy it?  DJ :drool5:  :popcrn:

SWRacerX

Yes is has. Very interesting to learn all of this about it. As far as to how it was acquired and the future of it I will let everyone know in a short time. Same Charger time, Same Charger channel stay tuned. Lol

djcarguy

C5X DAytona  any more info on this clone or hemi?  ???

new owner not active for a week now?   hope he will fill in more info on his tona an plans ???  :popcrn: :popcrn:

SWRacerX

I am currently talking to the original builder of a the car. This car will go back on the market for sale soon.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: djcarguy on January 24, 2016, 08:31:37 PM
C5X DAytona  any more info on this clone or hemi?  ???

new owner not active for a week now?   hope he will fill in more info on his tona an plans ???  :popcrn: :popcrn:
Nothing new.   Was up on Craigslist the day after it sold at a local public auction. 

Charger_Fan

I love the turn signal lights in this pic, they look like porch lights from a camp trailer. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SWRacerX

Ok is everyone ready for the story on this car??????? :rant: :vert:

Aero426

C5X DAYTONA

Dodge Don

I think the people that got the car in the Challenger swap ended up in bankruptcy or something and the car got seized and auctioned off?

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on January 29, 2016, 09:00:22 AM
Quote from: SWRacerX on January 28, 2016, 10:23:11 PM

well   we are all here an waiting ???   ???    Well some of us?   Think we all understand the story started with a 70 Charger in Modesto an a nose off a west coast daytona race car.   then ??? ???  color an number changes and ???  :popcrn: :2thumbs:  ??? :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

held1823

i say just put it back to stock, and sell me the dog house off of it.

i even have the correct 1970 parts to toss in on a deal.

that's a win/win if i ever saw one.....
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on February 02, 2016, 07:30:57 PM

or buy me the car and i'll give you all my front end parts   :icon_smile_big: 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dodge Don

And still no story. The thread equivalent of being blue balled.  :misbehaving:

held1823

Quote from: moparstuart on February 02, 2016, 08:25:24 PM
Quote from: held1823 on February 02, 2016, 07:30:57 PM

or buy me the car and i'll give you all my front end parts   :icon_smile_big: 

so you'd finally have the car you collected the parts for, but no parts afterwards?

that's some wonky sounding logic.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

C500

Quote from: SWRacerX on January 28, 2016, 10:23:11 PM

This is really getting drawn out  :poke: :whistling: :pullinghair: :ahum: :leaving: :popcrn: :popcrn:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."