News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger 500 need any help with this car

Started by SWRacerX, January 07, 2016, 12:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Guys it's a pump and dump. He got the info he needed (Possibly more than he wanted.) and is off to flip the car.  :lol:  You can stop sitting next to the phone waiting for your new friend to call....he's moved on and gone. Lets all just hope the car ends up in a good home and he does okay.  :2thumbs:

RallyeMike

QuoteDescription of property to be sold:  1970 Chrysler coupe, VIN XP29NOG169528, modified to resemble a 1970 Dodge Charger

Good with details, those attorneys are  :lol:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

SWRacerX

Sorry for the delay guys. So yes this car was purchased out of a bankruptcy auction. I have been in touch with the gentleman out of Oklahoma that pulled the car out of the back yard in Modesto and did the build on it into the Mr. Norms Grand Spalding Dodge DAYTONA. This car has been from Modesto to North Carolina to Wyoming and then to Indio, CA. Now it has the Bobby Isaacs campaign colors on it and we are going through the car and redoing it back to the Mr. Norms campain colors as it was originally built. There are some issues that we are taking car of.
That's the plans we have and then putting it up for sale once we complete the restorative work on it.
Any question please ask. I have trace the history of this car all the way back to the folks that owned/raced it out of Modesto.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodge Don

Always being on the hunt for 70 Chargers does turn you into a bit of an investigator. :coolgleamA:

Aero426

Quote from: SWRacerX on February 04, 2016, 12:15:51 PM
Sorry for the delay guys. So yes this car was purchased out of a bankruptcy auction. I have been in touch with the gentleman out of Oklahoma that pulled the car out of the back yard in Modesto and did the build on it into the Mr. Norms Grand Spalding Dodge DAYTONA. This car has been from Modesto to North Carolina to Wyoming and then to Indio, CA. Now it has the Bobby Isaacs campaign colors on it and we are going through the car and redoing it back to the Mr. Norms campain colors as it was originally built. There are some issues that we are taking car of.
That's the plans we have and then putting it up for sale once we complete the restorative work on it.
Any question please ask. I have trace the history of this car all the way back to the folks that owned/raced it out of Modesto.

Poor Bobby Isaacs.  He has one of the most mispronounced names in racing history. 

djcarguy

. I have trace the history of this car all the way back to the folks that owned/raced it out of Modesto.
                                                                           - --  --- ----  -----  ------ ---   --- ---  ----???  ???
                                                                               --------------------------------------raced ???
                                                                               ????????????????????????????????????????????

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

SWRacerX

djcarguy

Quote from: djcarguy on February 05, 2016, 04:56:29 AM

. I have trace the history of this car all the way back to the folks that owned/raced it out of Modesto.
                                                                           - --  --- ----  -----  ------ ---   --- ---  ----???  ???
                                                                               --------------------------------------raced ???
                                                                               ????????????????????????????????????????????

Aero426

djcarguy

Please tell us more. Who owned an Raced it in what class or race banner??    thanks DJ  :2thumbs: :popcrn:

Aero426

Quote from: djcarguy on February 09, 2016, 04:02:24 AM
  Please tell us more. Who owned an Raced it in what class or race banner??    thanks DJ  :2thumbs: :popcrn:

It was never a real race car.   Just paint.

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: Aero426 on February 09, 2016, 11:19:03 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on February 09, 2016, 04:02:24 AM

It was never a real race car.   Just paint.
Correct.   In the 70's it was a rolling billboard
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodge Don

Seems like some of you guys know more about the car but spit out out in dribs and drabs....like pulling teeth. It is an interesting topic, can you share what you know?

djcarguy

hemi-hampton