News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do you recommend cleaning connectors?

Started by WH23G3G, January 07, 2016, 02:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's a good idea to clean all the various plugs and connections while the dash is out of my 99 Dakota R/T? I'm doing a heater core job and to remove the dash. There was a lot of plugs to unplug. It's got 190,000 miles on it and I was going to spray clean all the connectors with crc connector cleaner and add some dielectric grease to each plug. Is it a good idea or no on this year of a truck?

Dino

It's a good idea on any electrical connector on any make of any year.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

I did my 94 Dakota a while back...had to take the entire dash out....unplugged about every connector in the cab....didn't clean anything, just plugged them all back in...unless they are completely corroded, don't bother

WH23G3G

Yeah some of the big ones had flaking dried up dielectric grease falling out when I unplugged them. Or it was oxidation from never being unplugged for 15 years. So I figured now might be a good idea to spray clean them and hit them with a little dielectric grease. But I wasn't sure that it was ok to do it on a computer controlled vehicle.