News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 green carpet

Started by whitehatspecial, January 12, 2016, 07:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitehatspecial

Looking to replace the carpet in my '68. Interior of the car is very original with the "C6F" trim code but I cannot find a good match for the repro green carpets that are out there. Mine is sort of in between the dark green and olive so I'm looking for a closer match. Any other suppliers besides Y1, Classic??

Thanks.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

69bfan

I only believe that there are only two companies that produce carpet for the vendors out there.  These being ACC Carpets based out of Alabama and then there is Trim Parts out of Ohio.  You could have a custom carpet set made up by having it basically cut out of stock material, but it will not be formed as the original carpet sets.  Everyone has their own opinion on which is the best and most accurate.  I sell the product from both companies and it comes down to the preference of buyer.  There are numerous blogs out on the computer to which company offers the most correct or best fitting carpet sets.  At that point, you can make a decision that will suit your needs.  ACC offers more different styles of carpet outside of the 80/20 OE replacement which might fit your needs if you should go in that direction.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

green69rt

I don't know if these guys make their own or resell, but they are a source.  69bfan, does ACC have a web site, only thing I could find was Auto City Classic and could not find carpet on their site.?

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=c&id=68

69bfan

You can reference ACC Carpets as Auto Custom Carpets.  ECS Automotive purchases the ACC carpet sets prior to being rolled up and placed into a box.  They have had large fixtures made much like the factories did in which ACC places the carpet on in its molded configuration and the carpet is then transported back to the ECS location outside of St. Louis.  It is then placed into large custom made boxes which allows the carpet to be shipped to your location in its as formed state.  Thus the expense of the ECS carpet. 
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

whitehatspecial

Thanks for your replies. I spoke with Tom at ECS, who is very helpful and from what I've read sells a really nice product. I am sending him a sample of my original carpet so hopefully he can supply something that is closer than I've seen.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

green69rt

Quote from: 69bfan on January 12, 2016, 09:36:42 AM
You can reference ACC Carpets as Auto Custom Carpets.  ECS Automotive purchases the ACC carpet sets prior to being rolled up and placed into a box.  They have had large fixtures made much like the factories did in which ACC places the carpet on in its molded configuration and the carpet is then transported back to the ECS location outside of St. Louis.  It is then placed into large custom made boxes which allows the carpet to be shipped to your location in its as formed state.  Thus the expense of the ECS carpet. 

Good info, thanks.

Dino

I still don't understand the need to ship the carpet flat.  I ordered mine with cut pile instead of the old loop style, and with added mass backing.  It was rolled up in a box the width of the carpet and about 2' wide and deep.  I laid it out in the sun for a while and it was perfectly flat.  Has anyone had their carpet come so mangled up that you couldn't get the creases out?  Love my ACC carpet by the way.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: Dino on January 12, 2016, 04:17:47 PM
I still don't understand the need to ship the carpet flat.  I ordered mine with cut pile instead of the old loop style, and with added mass backing.  It was rolled up in a box the width of the carpet and about 2' wide and deep.  I laid it out in the sun for a while and it was perfectly flat.  Has anyone had their carpet come so mangled up that you couldn't get the creases out?  Love my ACC carpet by the way.
I got the loop with the mass backing. Laid it out is the sun. Fit like a glove.... ;)