News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tach harness 12v feed?

Started by rikubot, January 15, 2016, 09:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

Hi dudes, just wondering where on the fuse block is the right place to plug in my new tach harness. Anyone got pics of this or hot chicks with cars? Thanks in advance! It's a 1969 charger with repro harness.
'69 Charger, 440/727

BLK 68 R/T

John_Kunkel

Factory tach or aftermarket? Aftermarket tachs don't usually wire the 12V+ into the ACC circuit but prefer the IGN circuit.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

rikubot

It was a repro factory style harness and tach. Got it wired in, just waiting for the engine side harness from Year One. Thanks for the help guys! I stuffed my cluster and tach in without dropping the column, which was a terrible idea. I screwed the tach in from underneath. Sucked cuz it was about 34 degrees out and I couldn't reach the lights for the cluster back lighting. All because I wanted to avoid dropping the column  :brickwall:

Is it difficult to drop the column? I did it years ago on a parts car but I've since forgotten.
'69 Charger, 440/727

Dino

Easy as pie.  Stick your head underneath the column and you'll see the bolts you need to remove.  Basically you remove the cover plate on the column and remove the bolts that go into the dash and the column drops enough to clear the cluster.  Don't lose the little ground wire.  When I do extensive work in the dash area I pull the steering wheel as well and remove the 4 bolts going into the firewall.  Now you really have space to work with!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.