News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fresh air duct right side

Started by frank1966, January 16, 2016, 10:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

Where can I buy a new fresh air duct? The duct that is on the passenger side attached to the heater box. It look big maybe 3-4inches, mine is all torn up

A383Wing

I assume your car has A/C??....if so, are you talking about the large duct that goes from the cowl to the box??

not reproduced...you will need to locate a good used one

frank1966

yes with AC. Mine feel apart, it practically crumbled when I tried to remove it. What is it called exactly, whats the size?

A383Wing

it's probably at least 6-8" in diameter...I have always called it the heater box air intake hose for AC cars....

again, not reproduced...you will need to find a good used one

frank1966

thanks, can I do without it? Its only for fresh air correct?

green69rt

Classic Auto Air deletes that inlet on a retrofit of AC to a non AC car.  So you could just block it off and let the AC unit recirculate the cabin air.

frank1966

Is it required to feed air to blow warm air for heating?

A383Wing

Quote from: frank1966 on January 18, 2016, 02:56:18 PM
Is it required to feed air to blow warm air for heating?

it feeds outside air into the heater box for heating and AC....you can delete the duct, but you will need to block off the hole in the cowl now to stop all the cold air from entering the cabin....but this way you will not have any "fresh" air for the cabin, just re-circulated air because the box is just getting air from the inside of the car

Dino

It won't be mopar but I'm sure you can find something that fits. The hose is 6.5" ID I believe.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

A383Wing

I think it's 7"....but the problem is that it's round on one end, square on the other, with metal clamps integral in the ends

green69rt

If you want to replace the vent bucket, you might contact these guys.   They may have a used one.
http://tonysparts.com/

4406pack

Have you found your fresh air duct yet if not I have one out of my parts car that is in very good condition I could let go of. Pm me and let me know.
2016 echo diesel dodge ram 1970 rt/se dodge charger

frank1966

Quote from: 4406pack on March 04, 2016, 10:54:57 PM
Have you found your fresh air duct yet if not I have one out of my parts car that is in very good condition I could let go of. Pm me and let me know.

Thanks, yes I did a member on the 70 charger registry sold me one.