News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Instrument panel wiring question

Started by ErikH, January 17, 2016, 05:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikH

Gentlemen,

I am in the process of reinstalling my instrument panel after replacing the tic-toc-tack.  The only wire I cannot figure out the placement for is a 3" wire that comes from a small cylindrical object (it reminds me of a condenser you would see beneath a distributor cap) which is screwed onto the cluster housing.  Where does the wire connect?

V/R

Erik
68 Charger R/T, 440/727
Blue with blue interior, black vinyl top, RT stripe

cdr

if you have the electronic cluster voltage regulator that is not used.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ErikH

As far as I know the cluster is completely stock.  As I look at the connector, it appears totally unscratched as if it were never plugged into anything.  If that is the case then it is not used for anything?  Odd.
68 Charger R/T, 440/727

cdr

it plugs in with the cluster voltage regulator

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

ErikH

That sounds logical.  Just a final check.  The center port where the voltage regulator plugs into the panel?

Thanks,

Erik
68 Charger R/T, 440/727