News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power window kits for all 4 windows on a 68

Started by DanPratt, January 18, 2016, 07:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanPratt

Hi all,

I have researched several old threads on this and some date back to 2005.  So I thought I might see if anyone has recently found or used an aftermarket kit for converting all four windows to power in a 68.  I can see that A1 (Electric Life kits) supply a kit for upgrading a 68 Charger to power windows at the front. Other do so as well, but only for the front. I can't see that A1 do anything for the back windows.  And even if its a "universal" kit for the back, A1 don't seem to supply a four-in-one switch (like original) to be mounted on driver's door etc.  Has anyone seen anything out there on this?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Dan

Kern Dog

XV racing has a 4 window kit. I have considered it for my 70 Charger.

DanPratt

Thanks for that, I will look into it.  For others who might come along to this issue later, I also found a full kit from Nu-Relics:

http://www.nu-relics.com/product-p/96810-402.htm

Looks like a pretty decent kit with regulators for the back windows too. 

TPR

Interesting link. I didn't know rear ones were being manufactured.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

A383Wing

I could never find a kit for the rears either a while back

VegasCharger

Quote from: DanPratt on January 18, 2016, 07:33:51 PM
Hi all,

I have researched several old threads on this and some date back to 2005.  So I thought I might see if anyone has recently found or used an aftermarket kit for converting all four windows to power in a 68.  I can see that A1 (Electric Life kits) supply a kit for upgrading a 68 Charger to power windows at the front. Other do so as well, but only for the front. I can't see that A1 do anything for the back windows.  And even if its a "universal" kit for the back, A1 don't seem to supply a four-in-one switch (like original) to be mounted on driver's door etc.  Has anyone seen anything out there on this?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Dan

If you're interested in some OEM rear power window regulators for 1968-70 B Body I have a pair (PM me). Then you could get the fronts thru repops. As far as I know they do not repop the 68 pw switches nor do they repop 69-74 pw switches. You have to either buy the GM style toggles that come (at extra cost) with the kits or look for originals. Be prepared to pay big $$$ for OEM switches, especially the 4 gang switch.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: