News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird under hood insulating pads

Started by FJ5WING, January 21, 2016, 12:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

Could I get a definitive answer on the idea that Superbirds did or didnt get the under hood insulation pads?

I removed a very ratty tattered  pad from my bird the day I brought it home because it was falling off in big chunks. Im being told its unlikely to have gotten a pad on the Birds.

Im having a hard time believing my pad wasnt original since it did have the original clips and was only 15 years out from being new(1986) without repops available.

Project Update:making some little bits of progress with too many steps backwards for my liking, Should have it resting on all four new shoes soon......unless of course I get buried in the pending snow about to hit the Mid Atlantic region.
wingless now, but still around.

billssuperbird

Arnie Cunningham

The hood pad was supposed to be part of the undercoating package.  If you got factory undercoating, you got a hood pad.  As with all options, mistakes were made.  My car had factory undercoating but did not have a hood pad.  Al Wald's car got both.  It is sort of like the exhaust heat shield showing up on six pack cars.  Sometimes they did even though they couldn't be plumbed to the air cleaner.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

Arnie Cunningham

If you happen to have the build sheet look for J55 "Undercoating with hood pad".
Note: factory undercoating is different from the sound deadener that all cars got in the fenderwells.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

light man

I bought my 440 4 speed Superbird new and it did have the underhood insulation pad. I took it off shortly after I bought the car because I didn't think it looked good, still have the car though.

oldcarnut

Was debating about putting one in my clone.  I feel it tidys up the cross braces and pockets when it's in good shape but after a few wettings and dirt collecting, looks bad. Just wondering what others think about having them or not.