News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grant steering wheel adapter

Started by cavemanno1, January 22, 2016, 09:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Hi guys!

I'm about to buy a grant steering wheel but for some reason their site doesn't come up with a adapter kit for a '68 charger!
Where you guys got yours?
I'm after a formula style wheel if that matters!

Thank you!

Mopar Nut

You'll need a Grant Installation Kit 4313
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

cavemanno1

Thanks John!

Does it fit all their wheels?

oldcarnut

Quote from: cavemanno1 on January 22, 2016, 09:55:04 AM
Hi guys!

I'm about to buy a grant steering wheel but for some reason their site doesn't come up with a adapter kit for a '68 charger!
Where you guys got yours?
I'm after a formula style wheel if that matters!

Thank you!
Try these guys.  I got mine from there and much cheaper than anywhere and comes with all the adapters etc.
https://fssteeringwheels.com/

cavemanno1

Thanks.Wish i checked it before,because i do like these a lot but bought one Grant steering wheel already!However i might just buy one of these as well!

Thanks  :2thumbs:

cavemanno1

CARiD

Quote from: cavemanno1 on January 22, 2016, 12:29:17 PM
Thanks John!

Does it fit all their wheels?

Yes it's good for all of their steering wheels, but I am not sure if you can use this adapter for other aftermarket wheels.

cavemanno1

Oldcarnut,
What size your steering wheel is?Mine 13,5" and looks small :shruggy:

70mopar500

Rich 70 charger 500 440.  07 Ram Quad cab 1500 5.7 HEMI, 80 Camaro RS 350

Brent69

Grant steering wheel I purchased in 1980.  Still using it.  Have no idea what the adapter was, but it's still on there.

cavemanno1

In the right hand upper corner it says vehicle application.Click on it and it shows you all the options.

comet_666

oldcarnut

Quote from: cavemanno1 on February 02, 2016, 06:04:26 AM
Oldcarnut,
What size your steering wheel is?Mine 13,5" and looks small :shruggy:
Sorry just seeing this today.  Mine is 13 1/2"

oldcarnut

The guys I talked to at fss and others that bought from them all felt the same way was that they were very helpful and will even make up some custom mix's or options if possible so it pays to call and ask them if you want something done that's not actually shown on the site that's more custom.

cavemanno1

Their ad said this wheel is 14" but in reality it's only 13,5".
Yours doesn't look small in there so once it's installed hopefully will look good!
Thanks

Mike DC

BTW, we need to agree on exactly how the outer rim diameter is being measured. 

From the center point of the outer rim's cross section? (like, the center of the metal hoop inside the wood/plastic/rubber)

Or from the outside of the outer rim's outer wood/plastic/rubber, grand total?  (this is now the measurements are usually taken)