News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Favorite movie with a mopar in it?

Started by moparsinbarns, April 09, 2006, 01:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whats your favorite movie with a mopar in it at some time?

Dukes Of Hazzard (69 Charger)
41 (16.1%)
Vanishing Point (70 Challenger
39 (15.3%)
Bullitt (68 Charger RT)
49 (19.2%)
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry (68 or 69 Charger)
49 (19.2%)
Spy Hard (68 Charger)
2 (0.8%)
Christine (58 Fury)
21 (8.2%)
Two Lane Blacktop (69 Daytona, Hemi Cuda)
6 (2.4%)
Blade (68 Charger)
10 (3.9%)
Dazed and Confused (71 Duster, 70 Superbird),
5 (2%)
Both Fast and The Furious' (70 Charger, 70 Challenger)
11 (4.3%)
Joe Dirt (69 Daytona)
10 (3.9%)
Rush (68 Charger)
0 (0%)
Tommy Boy (67 GTX)
12 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 255

TPR

Quote from: Fred on June 27, 2013, 09:23:01 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 27, 2013, 08:22:04 AM
Don't believe I've heard of that one.

2008 movie made for TV. It's available on dvd. Not the best movie but I've seen worse and the charger is in it from beginning to end........

I'd never heard of it either. Just did a search on YouTube to try and find a bit of the movie and instead found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diMF4fKypek

Is he claiming that this is the actual Charger from the movie, now in Australia???
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Fred

Quote from: TPR on June 28, 2013, 01:23:50 AM

2008 movie made for TV. It's available on dvd. Not the best movie but I've seen worse and the charger is in it from beginning to end........

I'd never heard of it either. Just did a search on YouTube to try and find a bit of the movie and instead found this:

Is he claiming that this is the actual Charger from the movie, now in Australia???
TPR

News to me.  :shruggy:
You'll find a copy in you local dvd rental shop I'm sure. That's where I first got hold of it.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

TPR

Can someone tell me at what point in time does the 69 Daytona appear in Two Lane Blacktop?
I have it on DVD but have never noticed a Daytona in it. I am wondering whether I have some cut down version where the scene has been removed.
I am presuming it is gold or light bronze with a black wing, because I have a 1:18 diecast of it with TLB graphics on the box.
Cheers,
TPR
www.tr440.com

Fred

Tried to find some pics of it, this is the only one I could find.

TPR

Quote from: Fred on June 28, 2013, 01:35:12 AM

TPR

You'll find a copy in you local dvd rental shop I'm sure. That's where I first got hold of it.

Thanks Fred, I'll have to hire it along with 'Drive Angry' as I'm yet to see that too.
TPR
www.tr440.com

Fred

Quote from: TPR on June 28, 2013, 01:39:37 AM
Can someone tell me at what point in time does the 69 Daytona appear in Two Lane Blacktop?
I have it on DVD but have never noticed a Daytona in it. I am wondering whether I have some cut down version where the scene has been removed.
I am presuming it is gold or light bronze with a black wing, because I have a 1:18 diecast of it with TLB graphics on the box.
Cheers,
TPR

Do you know, I've watched that movie a hundred times and I can't recall. Might be time to pull it out again over the weekend.

Fred

Quote from: TPR on June 28, 2013, 01:41:45 AM
Quote from: Fred on June 28, 2013, 01:35:12 AM

TPR

Thanks Fred, I'll have to hire it along with 'Drive Angry' as I'm yet to see that too.
TPR

"Drive Angry" is definitely worth a watch. Good movie.  :2thumbs:

GOTWING

TPR, the very very begining Big Willies Daytona lines up with a red AAR Cuda on the sreet at night to race. Then later on James Taylor says "that Cuda had a hemi with a torqueflight" how stupid, it was a AAR Cuda.. :shruggy:

TPR

Quote from: GOTWING on June 28, 2013, 05:32:19 AM
TPR, the very very begining Big Willies Daytona lines up with a red AAR Cuda on the sreet at night to race. Then later on James Taylor says "that Cuda had a hemi with a torqueflight" how stupid, it was a AAR Cuda.. :shruggy:

Ah, that explains it. The version I have on my PVR has the first few minutes missing. Checked my DVD copy, (which I hadn't opened yet) and there it is. That Big Willie Red Daytona is difficult to miss.
All this time I was looking for this Gold/Black Daytona. Can't explain why ERTL produced it with the TLB graphics.

:scratchchin:

Thanks GOTWING
TPR
www.tr440.com

Ghoste

Maybe it was a different Cuda?  I remember the Daytona racing the AAR but I can't remember if the 55 Chevy was lined up against the AAR or not.  Now I have an excuse to watch it again. :D

Fred

Watched it last night and the Daytona is right at the beginning (very first race) so if you haven't settled in, you'd miss it. The Chevy's up next facing off with the Cuda.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Fred on June 27, 2013, 12:51:33 AM
Enjoyed watching the '68 charger in "Crash & Burn" last night.  :2thumbs:

Watchin it now i remember this i watched it when it came out.

brigond

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread . So  someone may have mentioned this. There was a challenger in a horror movie called fantasim .
Mopars are like the Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars from when I was a kid ...  Bad A@@ and Cool!!!

My other hobby is practicing the ancient art of CLICK! POW!

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: brigond on June 29, 2013, 08:25:14 PM
I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread . So  someone may have mentioned this. There was a challenger in a horror movie called fantasim .
it was a cuda, or cudas, a 71 in the first 2, then a 70 convertible in the next 2  :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 29, 2013, 05:45:40 PM
Quote from: Fred on June 27, 2013, 12:51:33 AM
Enjoyed watching the '68 charger in "Crash & Burn" last night.  :2thumbs:

Watchin it now i remember this i watched it when it came out.

It rarely gets a mention. Not sure whether that's due to the fact that not many people know about it or they know about it but feel it's not worth a mention.  :icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

It's not a bad movie they copied fast and furious and gone in 60 sec and mashed it together. The thing to me was the charger was not significant that placed no emphases on it unlike fans the charger meant a lot to Dom and talked about it in very deeply.

To me the scene in the garage was significant and very believable and how he overcame his fear at the end made the movie.

Fred

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 29, 2013, 11:16:24 PM
It's not a bad movie they copied fast and furious and gone in 60 sec and mashed it together.

I do believe you're right.

nvrbdn

have not seen "crash and burn". guess i have a new movie to watch. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 30, 2013, 07:43:28 AM
have not seen "crash and burn". guess i have a new movie to watch. :2thumbs:

well you have to see them all at least once.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

73chgrSE

New movie called "Nobody" with Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul) features an old white Challenger reminiscent of the one in Vanishing Point. Saw preview the other day. Looks like a decent action movie.

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,               15 May 2022

Thought we'd chime in with our favorite: Bullit. Dodge Charger and Steve McQueen.

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks

Bullit
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

Kern Dog

Quote from: 73chgrSE on April 03, 2021, 06:21:38 PM
New movie called "Nobody" with Bob Odenkirk (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul) features an old white Challenger reminiscent of the one in Vanishing Point. Saw preview the other day. Looks like a decent action movie.

It was a fun movie but like all the others, they either had idiots for technical advisors or they had qualified ones that were ignored.
One phrase in the movie was something to the effect of....."Its a 4.9 liter V8".
Not even close. No classic Mopar used metric sizes to describe their engines and even then, none were a 4.9 liter size.