News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winged cars in the convertible state

Started by Magnumcharger, April 09, 2006, 02:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

He's talked about building a purple birdible for a long time.  He had a vert here a while back that he sold to a customer that he had planned on using for this project.

daytonakid

We just had the rear springs rearched 1 inch higher sits better now.
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonakid on March 30, 2012, 12:55:58 AM
We just had the rear springs rearched 1 inch higher sits better now.
awesome  :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Magnumcharger on March 22, 2012, 08:57:20 PM
No purple Superbirds....no convertible Superbirds....no purple convertible Superbirds were ever built by Plymouth.

And I have to wonder why? They just look so darned good!!!

Its a known fact that they had a tough time selling the Super Birds to begin with and I don't know what the production figures were but there  weren't many convertibles built  compared to the rest of the  yearly production so I'd guess there would be a microspect  customer base so if you built it they wouldn't come. :shruggy:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

moparstuart

moparstuart

My buddy dan got his Green convertible in a calender this year

Swampwing2

Got both sides stripped to bare metal. I am going to try and tighten up the door gaps and make a couple other improvements while it is apart.  No real surprises under the paint after 17 years.  I also need to figure out a better headlight system.  Either convert it to electric or possibly just use fixed lights with removable covers.  This is a custom build here so originality is secondary to everything else.  Pretty amazing how many aftermarket body panels are available now.   About the only thing available back then was floors and crappy quality qtr panels.

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   head restless   ;D

WINGIN IT

Quote from: moparstuart on October 11, 2012, 11:10:43 AM
:drool5:   head restless   ;D

Well that's just a blatant disregard for head safety  :lol:
Can you say ** whiplash ** , with all that purple-wingin' neck snappin' torque?   ;D

moparstuart

Swampwing2

All the metal work is done including replacing a couple wavy pieces that were unavailable years ago. Door gaps, trunk gaps and hood to nose transitions were all reworked.  Headlights were reworked but still need to wire them up.  Started adding some filler over the welded seams (it will need a lot less filler this time). Starting to think it might get painted within a few months or sooner if I keep up my recent activity level.   

moparstuart

Quote from: Swampwing2 on November 25, 2012, 09:40:25 PM
All the metal work is done including replacing a couple wavy pieces that were unavailable years ago. Door gaps, trunk gaps and hood to nose transitions were all reworked.  Headlights were reworked but still need to wire them up.  Started adding some filler over the welded seams (it will need a lot less filler this time). Starting to think it might get painted within a few months or sooner if I keep up my recent activity level.   
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Lighthorseman

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.

Swampwing2

I do have a model of my car, and it does not have a top boot, but then again, the real one doesn't either. :)

I got the major bondo work done. The sides are epoxy primed and top coated with sandable primer. Next step will be skim coating the whole car to take care of all the dings and minor stuff.

A buddy of mine asked me to bring it to a show tomorrow (At the Festival Flea market near Sample Road and the turnpike in Broward County) with over 500 cars pre-registered as of today.  Since I have not driven it more than a few blocks around my neighborhood for almost a year, I decided to bolt the wing back on, a side mirror and a couple other things and bring it. Stop by and say hi if you happen to be in the area. I will take a few photos of it at the show tomorrow.

moparstuart

Quote from: Swampwing2 on December 01, 2012, 11:29:12 PM
I do have a model of my car, and it does not have a top boot, but then again, the real one doesn't either. :)

I got the major bondo work done. The sides are epoxy primed and top coated with sandable primer. Next step will be skim coating the whole car to take care of all the dings and minor stuff.

A buddy of mine asked me to bring it to a show tomorrow (At the Festival Flea market near Sample Road and the turnpike in Broward County) with over 500 cars pre-registered as of today.  Since I have not driven it more than a few blocks around my neighborhood for almost a year, I decided to bolt the wing back on, a side mirror and a couple other things and bring it. Stop by and say hi if you happen to be in the area. I will take a few photos of it at the show tomorrow.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: thats awesome i love seeing work in progress at shows

Swampwing2

630 cars showed up before they started turning them away. Only about 20-30% were late models so there were not too many guys cleaning lint off 6 month old seat covers.

My car didn't want to cooperate this morning, as I had to replace the alternator and the voltage regulator this morning before it finally ran well.

There were a lot more old Mopars than I expected and some very nice ones to boot.

I gutted the interior yesterday as I am going to go ahead and paint the trunk inside and dress that up as well.  May as well take it to the next level since I am going this far.

Didn't talk to anyone who mentioned this site but I was walking around a lot too.

moparstuart

djcarguy

moparstuart

no idea why robin blanked out the title   :shruggy:

JB400

I think he got po'd that his threads were getting hijacked.

moparstuart

Daytona Guy

moparstuart