News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sorry, another 383 cam choice question

Started by Q5XX29, January 24, 2016, 09:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

Thanks, Ron! It runs very well. It still only wants to (willingly) pull to about 5600, but very strong throughout idle-5500-5600. No new converter yet. Going to do a front end suspension rebuild first. Always a "weakest link" to address, and for now that is what is bugging me most. Was just ordering that in fact- was going to go with a PST super kit, with rubber, and a GMAX 1 1/16 swaybar. Comments on those choices?
dakota_gt on Instagram

firefighter3931

Good to hear, Clint  :2thumbs:

I'd say it's going to be done at 5800 rpm anyway based on the cam duration so no reason to over-rev it at this point.  ;)

I did the front end on mine years ago with poly bushings but can't remember the company name. Happy with how nice and firm it feels. I used the stock swaybar as well and I'm sure the aftermarket stuff is better. These days the swaybar is mostly just hanging there.....loosened off for racing @ the track.  :lol:

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Q5XX29

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 29, 2016, 01:33:12 PM
Good to hear, Clint  :2thumbs:

I'd say it's going to be done at 5800 rpm anyway based on the cam duration so no reason to over-rev it at this point.  ;)

I did the front end on mine years ago with poly bushings but can't remember the company name. Happy with how nice and firm it feels. I used the stock swaybar as well and I'm sure the aftermarket stuff is better. These days the swaybar is mostly just hanging there.....loosened off for racing @ the track.  :lol:

Ron

👍 Sounds good. Thanks !
dakota_gt on Instagram

rt green

clint, i did ck out hardees last sat nite. cool cars hot nite.  bruce
third string oil changer

Q5XX29

Quote from: rt green on June 16, 2016, 09:19:21 PM
clint, i did ck out hardees last sat nite. cool cars hot nite.  bruce

Sorry I missed you! I drove through briefly, but yes- too hot. Please try again when the conditions are better. You will be much more impressed with the turnout.
dakota_gt on Instagram