News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rat muscle "daisy" build

Started by cbrestorations, January 25, 2016, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Looks good, but isnt it going to cause a killer blind spot?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cbrestorations

no, its in line of sight with the original A pillar. no different from the drivers seat looking at this vs. an A pillar molding

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: cbrestorations on September 04, 2016, 05:23:48 PM
no, its in line of sight with the original A pillar. no different from the drivers seat looking at this vs. an A pillar molding

Must just be the angle looks further back. Continue on! bad azz build!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Lennard

cavemanno1

I can't wait to hear that exhaust!Great work!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

cbrestorations

finish welding my exhaust, i finally broke down and bought a tig welder. so glad i did, its awesome...takes about 3x longer to weld but totally worth it.

keepat

cbrestorations

gonna look so mean slammed down on 10" deep dish rims up front and 11's in the rear. cant wait to get it on the ground again.

RallyeMike

That will look bada$$ with 10's up front. What is the plan to make the clear everything?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

cbrestorations

Quote from: RallyeMike on September 11, 2016, 07:29:20 PM
That will look bada$$ with 10's up front. What is the plan to make the clear everything?

hack out and replace to clear lol but i dont think i have to clearance much, looks like it will all clear

RallyeMike

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Baldwinvette77

Joostdodge

Saturday we went to you chris for a visit and man real skills you have! Looks real clean and nice the work and welds real nice
Also was great to hear your storys and thanks for let us see your cars and take the time to talk to us.
this is gonna be a bad ass car!

:2thumbs:
Joost and Alex the Dutchguys

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: cbrestorations on September 11, 2016, 06:16:48 PM
gonna look so mean slammed down on 10" deep dish rims up front and 11's in the rear. cant wait to get it on the ground again.

Nice!!! The stance is going to look killer with the wheels tucked in like that! What size tires are you going with?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

cbrestorations

i realized that the stock lower control arm wont function right without the torsion bar, the bushing wont be the pivot point but the metal sleeve for the adjuster arm will rotate metal on metal. so i decided to make some better control arms anyway. fixed the balljoint angle for lowered cars, coilover mount will be pushed closer to the ball joint and because all spring rate will be at the ball joint and not having to travel the whole length of the control arms  from the pivot point of the torsion , there is no need to have a really beefy one. i also made it adjustable length and the strut rod will be a bolt on clevis type instead of a bolt thru arm so it can adjust for control arm length. still have to add the strot rod, coilove mount and swaybar mount

alfaitalia

You have real skills there my friend. After years of working on/ building cars and motorcycles I would consider myself a reasonable welder/ fabber.......but I bow to your superior abilities Sir. I was going to put my build thread on here but I might just show it when complete. Too many skilled folks (you, Keepat etc etc) that might make my skills look adequate at best!! LOL! :smilielol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

cbrestorations

thanks for the compliments but dont be afraid to post up your build project. heck i look at keepats build and learn from it, along with other members i get tips and tricks from that i didnt know. we all need to share our knowledge

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

bull

Quote from: cbrestorations on June 18, 2016, 03:55:42 PM
Yeah its still gonna be ratty, I'm gonna point out some of the dents though. I am gonna notch the rocker in front of the rear tire and run side exhaust. Other than that will be ratty

What are your plans for the quarter patch? Are you going to try to blend it with the rusted yellow or leave it as-is?

Are you fabricating all those suspension parts? Awesome work, if so. Looks like a machine did it.

cbrestorations

ran into steve, the owner of "welderup" tv show at a local classic car swap meet on saturday. i had my 70 r/t on a trailer just to gather attention for the parts i was selling (nothing mopar). it worked...got alot of attention as that is how i met steve. we got to bullshitting and he is building a new ratrod out of a 68 charger. i told him about "daisy" my 69 ratmuscle car and he asked if he could check it out. he loved it, said "you are going to get a fuck ton of attention with this thing right here on the streets" lol. he was cool, we hung out for a bit. the pic is his 57 chevy ratmuscle

just waiting on the strut rod tab to finish the lowers, the company sent the wrong part number tabs, but got the shock and swaybar tabs on

got the gas tank in but im not really diggin it. i may have to put a fuel cell in it

now that i have a jerico 4 speed on its way, i had to add a clutch pedal, rummaged thru my old circle track stuff and found a floor mount pedal. i mounted it upside down, cut the pedal pad free to re-angle and mounted the clutch master outside the firewal. then heat up th brake lever and bend it under the column.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html