News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rat muscle "daisy" build

Started by cbrestorations, January 25, 2016, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Sorry for the bad news, Chris.
That is a bad thing to deal with. I've lost most of my family to various Cancers.....to the point where my lack of smoking-drinking-drugs are proving their worth.
I appreciate the effort you are making, changing it up to spend time with your Dad. It hurts like hell to live with the regret that you did not spend more time with a sick loved one before they go. Guilt is one thing I have a very hard time dealing with. Do what you can, while you can. With that, you'll know from now on that you made the best use of the time that you could.   :2thumbs:

VegasCharger

Man that sucks Chris. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

It's good that you're turning your focus towards your dad's pride and joy.  :2thumbs:

qwick68

68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

Baldwinvette77

:rotz:  :'( Feel free to post the camaro and elco pics, i'd like to see them...

JB400

Feel for you buddy. :pity:  You're doing the right thing though.  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

Family is more important. Take care of your Dad. Sorry to hear about this.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

cbrestorations

i already primed the interior metal parts before i left so i wanted to finish them. spent awhile at the mixing station coming up with a flashier version of t3 copper which is what daisy had for interior metal color. i wanted the same but with just a lil more kick and it came out nice. sprayed with light satin clear. looking forward to seeing it in the morning. sun was already down and was cloudy when i finished spraying. wanna see how it looks in sunlight. will look nice with my tan interior

Kern Dog

Hey... where is the VIN tag ??    :nana:

cbrestorations

daisy is a right hand drive, the vin tag is on the other side, those are just accessory holes lol. i sold a roadrunner about 9 months ago and knocked $500 off the cost of the car because the guy had a spray chrome setup at his shop. i wanted all the chrome redone in daisy including the dash bezels. well 9 months later he still hasnt done them and has no plans to do them he said. so now i have to go get my shit and tell him he owes me $500 which i know im not gonna get back.

tan top

Quote from: cbrestorations on March 13, 2017, 10:33:22 PM
Well...daisy has to get put on the back burner, not gonna make Mopar show in Vegas or this year probably...sucks but I've gotta work on my dad's cars. He just got hit with cancer and hard. Wants to drive his camaro and elco before he dies. I'm sure I can still put some hrs in on it here and there. I really want my car done too but I still have time on my side. Sucks to see a tough guy get put to his knees in a matters of weeks

awww no sorry to hear this CBR .......
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Lennard

Quote from: cbrestorations on March 20, 2017, 04:22:16 AM
daisy is a right hand drive, the vin tag is on the other side, those are just accessory holes lol. i sold a roadrunner about 9 months ago and knocked $500 off the cost of the car because the guy had a spray chrome setup at his shop. i wanted all the chrome redone in daisy including the dash bezels. well 9 months later he still hasnt done them and has no plans to do them he said. so now i have to go get my shit and tell him he owes me $500 which i know im not gonna get back.
I'll go with you, maybe we can change his mind.

Vegas_Nick

Quote from: cbrestorations on March 13, 2017, 10:33:22 PM
Well...daisy has to get put on the back burner, not gonna make Mopar show in Vegas or this year probably...sucks but I've gotta work on my dad's cars. He just got hit with cancer and hard. Wants to drive his camaro and elco before he dies. I'm sure I can still put some hrs in on it here and there. I really want my car done too but I still have time on my side. Sucks to see a tough guy get put to his knees in a matters of weeks

Best wishes man! Seriously the best medicine is POSITIVITY! Surround him with laughter and love. This coming from a guy who has been in remission since 2013. It changes your outlook on life for sure. I would not be here had it not been for the family closest to me that was there for every chemo, and friends that kept me laughing.

VegasCharger

Quote from: cbrestorations on March 20, 2017, 03:56:32 AM
i already primed the interior metal parts before i left so i wanted to finish them. spent awhile at the mixing station coming up with a flashier version of t3 copper which is what daisy had for interior metal color. i wanted the same but with just a lil more kick and it came out nice. sprayed with light satin clear. looking forward to seeing it in the morning. sun was already down and was cloudy when i finished spraying. wanna see how it looks in sunlight. will look nice with my tan interior

Good job on that color match.  :2thumbs:

Looks good in the pictures. Bet it looks better in person.

:cheers:

Lighthorseman

Quote from: Lennard on March 20, 2017, 07:52:26 AM
Quote from: cbrestorations on March 20, 2017, 04:22:16 AM
I'll go with you, maybe we can change his mind.

...please be sure to post that video.  :2thumbs:

cbrestorations

i did get me stuff back, the money and 2 n.o.s. stripe delete emblems. i left not so upset

Kern Dog

Quote from: cbrestorations on March 23, 2017, 02:37:17 AM
i did get me stuff back, the money and 2 n.o.s. stripe delete emblems. i left not so upset
I knew that you were Irish.

Lennard

Quote from: cbrestorations on March 23, 2017, 02:37:17 AM
:2thumbs:

cbrestorations

so i finally got a bellhousing to mount the jerico behind the 6.1, i was up till 4am getting that thing in the car, i was not going to bed untill i could sit in the seat and grab the shifter. im gonna have to cut the whole tunnel out of the car because of the 2.5" ride height and i wanted the engine and trans level otherwise with the conversion motor mounts it sits in the car at a down hill 3.5 degree slope. had to take one of the new pistol grips and cut it down to the height i liked. i also striped the interior parts so i could start cericoating the roll bars. then i could get the stock interior back in it. it will have a headliner, carpet, stock door panels, stock dash, console and kick panels

cbrestorations

had fun at the woodley park mopar show on saturday, i left that afternoon to come home and try to knock out a trans tunnel. its all mocked up being screw'd together. just gotta weld it together now

Kern Dog

I sure wish I had sheet metal skills like that. Nice work. Did you take classes to learn or work with a seasoned metal fabricator?

67Charger440

Hey, it was good meeting you Saturday.  Here's a better pic of the Challenger I was showing you on my phone...

Kern Dog

Wow, you are really tall. Judging by the angle of that shot, you must be 9'11" at least.

Lighthorseman

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 12, 2017, 12:10:00 AM
Wow, you are really tall. Judging by the angle of that sot, you must be 9'11" at least.

...or only 8'7" if wearing those cool "Kiss" boots.   :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

Ha ha...Those were cool, huh ?

cbrestorations

first time out of the garage in a year