News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good bye Houston, Hello Omaha

Started by ralley72, February 01, 2016, 09:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralley72

I have spent the last 16 months upgrading a MSC building in Houston and now heading to Omaha for upgrade to a data center. Just curious how many of our members travel for work that last longer than a couple days.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

DeltaV

Always more than a couple of days...they are never ready for you.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

69CoronetRT

Quote from: ralley72 on February 01, 2016, 09:34:48 AM
I have spend the last 16 months upgrading a MSC building in Houston and now heading to Omaha for upgrade to a data center. Just curious how many of our members travel for work that last longer than a couple days.

Mike

How long will you be in Omaha?
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

ralley72

Scheduled to be there until the end of June. This will be my 3rd project at this facility and looking forward to this one. The difference in weather condition may take some getting used too.

Mike

ralley72

Quote from: DeltaV on February 01, 2016, 06:46:24 PM
Always more than a couple of days...they are never ready for you.
Isn't that the truth. Fortunately or unfortunately for me, I'm the guy who calls up the subs/vendors, says this area will be ready for you to come in on this date and then have to call you back and say, well  so and so's equipment been delayed or wrong piece, existing equipment isn't built as thought, or they flat fail to meet the schedule for a whole gamut of reason, thus delaying the project. can get real frustrating.

Mike

hemi68charger

I have spend the last 16 months upgrading a MSC building in Houston and now heading to Omaha for upgrade to a data center. Just curious how many of our members travel for work that last longer than a couple days.

Mike
Can I go with you? Too bad we didn't hook up......... Fortunately, or unfortunately, however you wanna look at it, my industry's central nerve is here in Houston... When I retire, I'm gone......

Good luck with your next chapter........

:2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ralley72

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 02, 2016, 12:02:21 PM

Mike
Can I go with you? Too bad we didn't hook up......... Fortunately, or unfortunately, however you wanna look at it, my industry's central nerve is here in Houston... When I retire, I'm gone......

Good luck with your next chapter........

:2thumbs:
Why sure you're more than welcome to go. The company I work for is based in Wichita Ks, with offices in Tulsa and Ft. Worth. I work out of the Ft.Worth office, but live near KCMO.
In my travels working, I have had the pleasure to meet a few members and always glad to meet others. Sure would loved to see your wing cars.

Mike

69CoronetRT

Quote from: ralley72 on February 02, 2016, 11:14:58 AM
Scheduled to be there until the end of June. This will be my 3rd project at this facility and looking forward to this one. The difference in weather condition may take some getting used too.

Mike

You'll be in town the same time as the Omaha Mopar show (May 14th), the Grand Island, NE show (early June), some other smaller shows and local cruise ins. If you want a local guide, let's keep in touch.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

ralley72

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on February 03, 2016, 06:18:40 PM
Quote from: ralley72 on February 02, 2016, 11:14:58 AM

Mike

You'll be in town the same time as the Omaha Mopar show (May 14th), the Grand Island, NE show (early June), some other smaller shows and local cruise ins. If you want a local guide, let's keep in touch.
Really enjoy the local smaller shows. 2 years ago when I was working there I had planned on visiting the Omaha show, but had to leave to take care of another project the week before to show. Maybe this year I can go. Would be glad to meet you and other local members. much appreciated.

Mike

ralley72

Finished 2 more projects in Omaha, then sent to Ft.Worth Tx for a remodel at TCCD, now going to Sugarland Tx. Sure hope it cool off down there. Anything in Sugarland to do?

Mike