News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Door glass anti rattle spring

Started by Dino, February 03, 2016, 09:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Does anyone sell the small springs that attach the white plastic block to the stainless steel trim on the rear of the door glass?  Or does anyone know what size it's supposed to be?  Both of mine are awol.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

CRW-FK5

Quote from: Dino on February 03, 2016, 09:45:54 PM
Does anyone sell the small springs that attach the white plastic block to the stainless steel trim on the rear of the door glass?  Or does anyone know what size it's supposed to be?  Both of mine are awol.
I just replaced one on mine.  I was told by someone on this site that they aren't reproducing them but that a hardware store would have something close enough.  Went to Menards and found one close enough in length and popped it on.  Works fine.  I did have to stretch it a little to adjust the force, but easy to do.  It is a 1/4" dia. spring with hook ends.  I forget the length.  Good luck.

Charger-Bodie

I used one that I modified from a small vise grip? Vise grip sells replacements.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

Sweet! Sounds easy enough to find then.

Unfortunately on the driver side the small metal tab holding one end of the spring snapped off so I'll have to find another way to attach it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.